Whoops........

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's nearly 50,000 members on here and every time I see a post from you your name stands out because its always posts like the one above, that would be better unsaid. If he wasn't happy he wouldn't

Gaz 1989....Got an old collie/grey nearly twelve, a bushing jack nearly 11, a bed/whip x collie/grey/ whip at 20 months so wanted something to help out. Just do daytime mooching/ bushing......one for

I have a feeling you will be pleasantly supprised with this dog as a mouching about dog going on some of those i have seen similar bred going about.Good luck.atb tats

Posted Images

It's a cross that in theory makes some sense. But the saying "spaniels die half trained!" always sits at the back of my mind. If trained as a rough shooting dog there should be little reason why it shouldn't work out. And I sincerely hope it does. Good luck with the pup, and keep us updated

We all have different opinions trenchfoot the spaniels die half trained saying is a lot of shite if you ask me and it's said more in jest than anything else and if it was said seriously then I think maybe the training techniques of the trainer could be criticised more than the breed, that's another discussion for another day though this pup ain't a spaniel and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be handy enough for what the man needs.

• Like 3

We all have different opinions trenchfoot the spaniels die half trained saying is a lot of shite if you ask me and it's said more in jest than anything else and if it was said seriously then I think maybe the training techniques of the trainer could be criticised more than the breed, that's another discussion for another day though this pup ain't a spaniel and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be handy enough for what the man needs.

I know that it's an old saying created by lab owners. I've trained enough gun dogs for myself and others to know that. I have also seen plenty of spaniels which have been given the sort of free rein that I would expect a mooching lurcher to be given and the majority of those have been a headache for the owner. just to make it clear, I am not knocking the cross, it's just a niggling itch that makes ME think twice about it and I am very happy to be proved wrong. I am a collie x man, just. As Wuyang is, but I am not kennel/breed blind

Good luck to the pup and it's owner, I have no doubt he will give it every chance and be flexible in his approach to it's training and entering

• Like 2

Thanks all.....she's a bright little pup....none stop, but no surprises there. She's straight out onto the garden when she needs a pee or dump...so that's a bonus. I did put a lot of consideration into the type of lurcher I wanted, in fact I spend half my life thinking about the different types of lurcher out there and which I would like next in years to come. As long as she hunts and hunts well I'll be happy. Even if she ends up looking like near pure spaniel she'll have her use.

Thanks all.....she's a bright little pup....none stop, but no surprises there. She's straight out onto the garden when she needs a pee or dump...so that's a bonus. I did put a lot of consideration into the type of lurcher I wanted, in fact I spend half my life thinking about the different types of lurcher out there and which I would like next in years to come. As long as she hunts and hunts well I'll be happy. Even if she ends up looking like near pure spaniel she'll have her use.

Cant say fairer than that, good honest post. Pup looks a little cracker, will be good to see the updates and what size and shape she makes. All the best with her :thumbs:

• Like 1

Cheers all..... Another pic....

I will definitely keep you updated... I don't catch loads, but they work hard for the little they do.

IMG_8355.jpg

thats a nice pup mate you dont need to catch loads just to enjoy being out just watching a good team work and hunting up and working as a team brings its own enjoyment and excitement a catch is a bonus good luck with the pup

• Like 2