I Hunt With Mink!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

trout

Hello all! I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Joseph Carter and I am from the U.S. I have invented a sport I call Minkenry. It's kind of like ferreting, but with a mink! As far as I know I'

Bloody hell   This has all got a bit out of hand. It would be a shame if you stopped posting as I, and obviously many others, find the posts very interesting. How about a bit of live and let live o

Ah right, so now not only is it scientific fact that mink haven't caused the decline and near extinction of our native water voles but we are also 'slaves' in our own country?

You're an arrogant one at times. One thing you should learn about Britons, we're a proud people with back bone and heart in truck loads. This country might not be the United States of America but it is still OUR country!

Anything else you would like to educate us on regarding this Island?

Edited, as I got a bit 'passionate' in my laguage.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

Ah right, so now not only is it scientific fact that mink haven't caused the decline and near extinction of our native water voles but we are also 'slaves' in our own country?

You're an arrogant one at times. One thing you should learn about Britons, we're a proud people with back bone and heart in truck loads. This country might not be the United States of America but it is still OUR country!

Anything else you would like to educate us on regarding this Island?

Edited, as I got a bit 'passionate' in my laguage.

It seems I'm no longer welcome here. Can't say I blame you. I just told you your anti mink religion isn't true. No one takes that well, regardless of the evidence behind it. So fare well for now. I might post more someday in the future when you all calm down. Have fun chasing rabbits. I plan to try a little of that with my mink this year. Take care.

Anti mink religion! Look, well done, you tamed a f***ing mink. But don't just come on here, to a predominantly British site, and tell us how things are in our own back yard. What's all this anti mink religion you have dreamt up? The only one acting like some religious fanatic is you with this 'enlightened' attitude you are throwing around...

Taming a mink in the states doesn't make a Gnat's shite of difference to the wild ones in this country! I've never heard all this 'anti mink' religion that us Brits are so deluded with you keep banging on about. We blame the mink for being a voracious alien predator, period!

All you've done is come on this site, act all enlightened because you've tamed a few mink and tell us how we're all deluded, our science is bullshit and that we're slaves in our own country!

No, you crack on chap, stay as long as you want. What you have done is interesting but cut the bullshit arrogant attitude. It doesn't wash with us deluded enslaved Brits.

• Like 7

Anti mink religion! Look, well done, you tamed a f*****g mink. But don't just come on here, to a predominantly British site, and tell us how things are in our own back yard. What's all this anti mink religion you have dreamt up? The only one acting like some religious fanatic is you with this 'enlightened' attitude you are throwing around...

I find it funny that you guys all know more about mink than I do. After a 15 minute internet search, and killing two or three with your dogs, you're all of a sudden an expert! Good for you, keep thinking that. I've researched mink for years, both reading the studies done by others, and performing my own personal studies. I have an open mind and a willingness to learn. I was corrected on my understand about mink and their interactions with water voles by someone (sorry don't remember who) who showed me studies that conflicted with the ones I'd read earlier. I then openly admitted that I didn't have enough information on the subject, and that I needed to research further before creating my opinion.

However, just about all of you continually put words in my mouth that I never once said like that "mink don't eat eggs" and that "mink don't cause problems in your country". I never once said that. I merely stated that eggs don't seem to be a very natural food because my mink lack the instinct to know it's food. I also said that mink aren't guilty of half the things you blame them for. Not that they are innocent and don't cause any problems. I've never stated that ONCE! The vast majority of you attack me mercilessly using all types of foul language when I have not once used a curse word, or attacked anyone personally for their views. I poked fun at a few comments I thought were funny, and exaggerated some things as a joke, but I have never once attacked anyone. I guess you see sarcasm as an all out attack, and people with different opinions someone to pick on. I could have easily gotten angry and treated you gents the same way you have treated me, but I have not, and I will not.

Everyone here says I'm brain washed and come her with an agenda to protect mink. I have never once said you should stop killing mink, and I have admitted when I have repeated information that may not be as correct as I once believed. You guys sit her and argue with a man who has spent more time researching mink than all of you combined times ten. You tell someone who literally spends hours every day watching a mink hunt in its natural environment, what mink do and don't do. You argue with a person who has seen mink kill more prey in nature than just about every mink naturalist combined. And some how you know more.

It makes me wonder, who's the brain washed arrogant one??? The one who has studied the subject and willing to change his views when presented with convincing and valid information, or the one who hasn't studied the subject and argues with people who have?

Edited by Minkenry

Are you arguing with me or the entire hunting life. Because half of what you have said has jack shit to do with what I have said.

Your attitude stinks... But it's all us with the problem?

You know sweet FA about mink in the UK and you've proved that. Now stick to what you're good at and what we admire about you....... Training and hunting mink!

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

Bloody hell :blink:

This has all got a bit out of hand. It would be a shame if you stopped posting as I, and obviously many others, find the posts very interesting. How about a bit of live and let live on both sides?

I don't doubt that you are very knowledgeable on the subject of mink but no more so than many on here are about the british countryside as a whole. There is no doubt in my mind that mink in the UK, as an introduced predatory species, have had an adverse effect on the native fauna. That is based on seeing the difference that their presence makes to the other species in the environment.

Maybe a bit of acceptance would be a good idea, you are the mink expert in the USA but we know what happens here in front of us. Leave it at that and get some more minkenry posts up :thumbs:

• Like 10

Bloody hell :blink:

This has all got a bit out of hand. It would be a shame if you stopped posting as I, and obviously many others, find the posts very interesting. How about a bit of live and let live on both sides?

I don't doubt that you are very knowledgeable on the subject of mink but no more so than many on here are about the british countryside as a whole. There is no doubt in my mind that mink in the UK, as an introduced predatory species, have had an adverse effect on the native fauna. That is based on seeing the difference that their presence makes to the other species in the environment.

Maybe a bit of acceptance would be a good idea, you are the mink expert in the USA but we know what happens here in front of us. Leave it at that and get some more minkenry posts up :thumbs:

Sounds fair enough to me.

Tyla the voice of reason :thumbs: I am very interested in the whole mink taming and training thing, as much from the point of view of understanding what makes any animal tick, as anything else.

It is all too easy to judge people in other countries from our own experience and view point. I've personally seen mink raiding birds' nests in small trees and bushes, and seen them coming out of rabbit holes too. We are such a small island here in the UK that an introduced predator can have a devastating effect on already vulnerable creatures such as water voles. With nothing except otters to compete with their abilities in water and on river banks, the mink have had a field day in establishing themselves in such areas. Whilst otters do eat water voles they'd find it hard to get into the burrows, which is why mink are so much more damaging, as they can and do get into the holes to kill voles.

I think you fail to understand the damage the mink has done in its none native country,,,

If you had loads of feral ferrets running round the us,,, causing mayhem ,,, and us lot on here saying dont be daft ferrets don't kill that much,,, you would have the hump wouldn't ya..

As it happens it's now illegal to own a ferret in New Zealand ,,,, because of the damage those creatures have done to the native species of birds,,,, slightly a way from the topic I know...

Now don't be a fanny and leave the site cos of a difference of opinion,,, and because your wrong :),,, as you yanks would say "suck it up" ,,,don't be a coward and run tail between the legs,,, stay and get some more posts and pics up,,, cos there very interesting

• Like 6