Dougie Male Harris Hawk

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive decided to start a diary on my male harris hawks new season, ive had him going out of the moult again for little under a week but i wanted to start the diary on a kill,   So with the bird weigh

Sorry for not updating the thread in a while, ive been poorly lately with an infection in the bowels, so i havent been out with the hawk in weeks due to the crippling stomach pains, Anyway im ok now

You've done right by the hawk, get another one and carry on. Early next season get it up here for a few days on the dales, we should be able to get it entered easily enough on a few dumb young bunnie

Your up and running now mate,

Had mine out for a couple of hours on the glove today for the first time this season. Shouldn't be long before she's back in action.

thats good mate, carnt wait to see her back at it, ive been trying to get a moorhen with mine but there harder than everyone makes out lol, they f**k of long before i get close enough

I liked hunting the odd moorhen last season, on more open land I suppose they can be caught easily but I know a patch of bramble around a large pond where it took time to locate and flush them. We had a few good hunts with the hawk crashing through cover , most of the ones I put up for her made it safely across the water into more cover but a few went the other way into the field and then it was a forgone conclusion they would be caught.

I found the hunts were quite exciting. I imagine like all quarry everything rests on the terrain, rabbits are easy if bolted from the middle of big open fields but not so easy in heavy cover.,

Kill number 5:

Another pigeon today, the bird was sat on a metal fence that surrounds a sewerage works, the field at the side has a strip of pea plants and the pigeon was sat on the very edge with a group of others so the pigeon couldnt see the bird but the hawk could see the pigeon, he left the fence and swung to the right before cutting back into the pigeon flock taking one just as it rose, nice mugging at its best lol

2013-10-05152226_zpsf5290578.jpg

Good read mate keep it up. Just took my female out for manning shouldnt be long before shes at her game :)

Thanks mate i will do my best, i read your old thread, really enjoyed it, make sure to do another one :thumbs: .

Had a nice chase on a rabbit which slipped down a hole just before the bird got to it, revealing a really nice set which i didnt know was even there :boogy: will deffinetly be running a ferret through it when i get the chance.

Also the bird put a half hearted attempt at a crow.