Poaching Golden Rules?

i suppose 100 years ago, was a 50 -50 if you got caught, but to to day with 1 millon c/p lamps you will been seen by farmer+keepers, so the chance is greater getting caught.And as its quite popular today working lurchers, more keepers+famers are on the look out, and with this feckin Ban you will get heavy fines if caught.The poaching game far more harder to day than 100 years ago. for the reason above :yes:

Round here you dont need to see the lamp you can hear the dance music and peco exhaust on the scoob long before they get on the estate I guess they just all love the drum and bass innit lol

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

Edited by danw
  • Like 1

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm having fun seeing people bite at Stan's post   Cheers, D.

One to remember people know the stakes before they set out...   No good complaining when it gets hot...     I don't like it when lads get physical with land owners , however some have been know

The first rule of Poaching Club is you do not talk about Poaching Club.

Posted Images

I think peddling for the pot aught to do a poaching clip for the tube......................I suppose technically im always poaching...........or its that the land owners know me and just leave me too it,...........I don't cause know damage or anything,..........but you know the kind of permission you have had for years and you haven't seen the owners for years and you think to yourself I wonder if they know I still come on here.........!!!

the only rule I have is to respect the countryside..........

be honest ive been followed and when I confronted them I wasn't best of pleased and then after the argument to realise it wasn't on permission you thought it was,.......a little embarrassing.......... :icon_redface:

• Like 1

I thought this was going to be about cooking eggs :hmm:

1. break them into a warm bowl first never into the water from the shell

2. dont stir the water too fast

3. dont have the water too hot

4. slowloy puor the egg in dont drop it in!

5. always season well

:thumbs:

i suppose 100 years ago, was a 50 -50 if you got caught, but to to day with 1 millon c/p lamps you will been seen by farmer+keepers, so the chance is greater getting caught.And as its quite popular today working lurchers, more keepers+famers are on the look out, and with this feckin Ban you will get heavy fines if caught.The poaching game far more harder to day than 100 years ago. for the reason above :yes:

i think the other way around 100 year back you would have half the keepers from every estate (they had a half a dozen on most places) out on night watch, unless you use a lamp you aint getting caught think about longnetting and gate netting unless you are realy realy unlucky your home free! the most dodgy way is fish poaching because you have people out to get you at all hours!

Yeh read The Gamekeeper by Ian Niall it just shows what a dangerous business it was on both sides. You could easily end up getting shot or have the crap beat out of you. Certainly in that book it doesn't give the romantic impression of the Poacher.

I have heard tales of poachers being subjected to extreme violence in the past..

Lads wacked on the head with clubs and dragged round fields tied to tow bars...

Did these type of incidents really happen or its a more folk legend to keep would be poachers away ??

Guess in some incidents its a two way street. Some farmer got run over by a Scooby last season, read that in the press..

I don't get why people resort to such extremes over rabbits and hares.. Could understand if people where in bird pens, emptying ponds or taking deer off stalking land..

Folk don't get into half as much trouble picking brambles or wild mushrooms :laugh::laugh:

I did get shouted at once for pulling a few daffs off a grass verge :icon_redface:

I did get shouted at once for pulling a few daffs off a grass verge :icon_redface:

Me too! :icon_redface:

Me too!

I was in a cemetary though :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

I have heard tales of poachers being subjected to extreme violence in the past..

Did these type of incidents really happen or its a more folk legend to keep would be poachers away ??

Guess in some incidents its a two way street. Some farmer got run over by a Scooby last season, read that in the press..

I don't get why people resort to such extremes over rabbits and hares.. Could understand if people where in bird pens, emptying ponds or taking deer off stalking land..

Folk don't get into half as much trouble picking brambles or wild mushrooms :laugh::laugh:

being dragged around behind a jeep would be a pretty shitty end to a night out :laugh:

Never seen anything like that first hand but speaking to an ex copper that did the rural beat around this area, some of the stories of what he had heard keepers had done to lads they had caught were pretty hairy

being dragged around behind a jeep would be a pretty shitty end to a night out :laugh:

Never seen anything like that first hand but speaking to an ex copper that did the rural beat around this area, some of the stories of what he had heard keepers had done to lads they had caught were pretty hairy

dangerous thing to do that, especially since your job is to look after land. so youre gonna be there for a period of time afterwards. it wont take even the dimmest poacher to go back, or even go to your house and seek his revenge on you, property, or vehicles...if someone tied me to a jeep and dragged me round a field i cant imagine i would take it too well.

Edited by Its_grim_up_norf
  • Like 1

dangerous thing to do that, especially since your job is to look after land. so youre gonna be there for a period of time afterwards. it wont take even the dimmest poacher to go back, or even go to your house and seek his revenge on you, property, or vehicles...if someone tied me to a jeep and dragged me round a field i cant imagine i would take it too well.

dragging someone behind a jeep sounds a bit too much like torture to me, so I can imagine that some would feel the need to go back and try get even in some way. I did ask him as we were chatting if there were ever any instances of lads going back post confrontation and he wasnt aware of any times this had happened.

The stuff he mentioned was more along the lines of keepers using extreme force to resolve a confrontation.

In response to a few of the comments on here, I don't support poachers, that's their choice but I think why is that fair when we struggle for permissions putting in time and effort to get a good perm then someone poaches it.

However I refuse to accept there isn't a single person on here who hasn't spent a good few mins on a hard long stalk with a rabbit or whatever, got down on the bipod and its hopped to the other side of the fence but still in range. Are you telling me you got up without taking the shot? I took that shot many times and there will be many more!