Bushing Bulls

No im not on fb, you carnt prove something that aint true ;) alb to you lads who bush with bull breeds.

Enough people been out with me and my dogs to see what they can do but answer the question.....how many bulls you seen in the field to right them off completely?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rubbish my staff would actively use her nose, she would follow sents without any difficulty from wood piles to gorse moor. Seen that dog track a scent for at least 400 yards  

and collies were bread for herding but you still want to youse a 3/4 collie to catch rabbits.....

My Patt has a smidgen of bull in him, no problem with his nose, no problem with his drive, he does everything that's asked of him, good cover dog for us.

Posted Images

No, no and no lol dense wood I said and its not a one of, also how many muntjacs you see in open woods ? They sit up tight in dense bramble where he flushes them from.

Stock breaking is fine too, I suggest you maybe get out with a few that work.

• Like 1

My mum has been walking her staff with her friends spaniel upto 6 months ago it wasn't interested in hunting now it's off threw cover in the woods the lot the dogs a pleasure to take out and see work, it just needed showing!!!

same here mate, started taking mine out with kizzap13 patterdale mongrel thing and now mine wont keep out of the bushes

Edited by youcanthide...BANG

I used to run a couple of little ones, one of which had a bit of terrier blood up close, and they did alright for me. Actually the pure dog had a much better nose and would find for me all day long. They weren't as good as some dogs I had the pleasure of seeing in the field but they served me well.

out of interest do any of these dogs whine and itch shortly after bushing or once theyve came home for anything up to 6 hours?

Mine bites his feet for a little while after we have got home but he has also got eczema inbetween his pads so nettle stings may cause it to overly irrate it

aye she'll do that too, she has a food based skin allergy aswell which is mostly controlled through her diet, oh well she's happy snoring on the sofa now but it is disheartening when the dog you have isnt making even the basic 'grade'

• Like 2

off topic but... my staff bitch from supposed working lines is useless, had her out earlier and just passing the nettles had her itching like mad and whining, whereas the non working ped farm yard cocker x russel who just tagged along was through the nettles and brambles like nobodys business fs!

when you say working staff lines, that could mean anything pal to be fair most "working staffs" are no more then weight pullers etc.