Bushing Bulls

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rubbish my staff would actively use her nose, she would follow sents without any difficulty from wood piles to gorse moor. Seen that dog track a scent for at least 400 yards  

and collies were bread for herding but you still want to youse a 3/4 collie to catch rabbits.....

My Patt has a smidgen of bull in him, no problem with his nose, no problem with his drive, he does everything that's asked of him, good cover dog for us.

Posted Images

off topic but... my staff bitch from supposed working lines is useless, had her out earlier and just passing the nettles had her itching like mad and whining, whereas the non working ped farm yard cocker x russel who just tagged along was through the nettles and brambles like nobodys business fs!

• Like 2

Bushing digs need a good nose something I wouldnt of thought a staff or american bulldog would have.

Utter rubbish,got a pair of bitch Staffords here from no mark breeding/rescue who bush well enough for me and push out plenty for my lurchers and a mate of mine has a AB who does very well!!!

Can't deny either breeds ability to to use there nose and push through cover to find quarry,mine were never shown or followed terriers/bushers just took to it naturally,maybe I'm lucky?

• Like 4

I see bulls bush a fair bit, one Iv seen run a whole field scenting hares knocking up one after the other, same dog Iv seen run into dense wood pushing out a herd of fallow, same dog has caught munty and pheasants in cover.

Must be that shit nose ey lol!!!

• Like 1

Hey I'm not saying they carnt do it but theres a diffence from from running around a field getting hares to jump up and through a wood where it can see bambi's, to working tights cover where they wont be able to see there quary and will have to use there head and there nose. A boxer could run a wood and run around a field pushing up hares! There abit thick to and head strong bet when there fired up there hard to stock break.

Hey I'm not saying they carnt do it but theres a diffence from from running around a field getting hares to jump up and through a wood where it can see bambi's, to working tights cover where they wont be able to see there quary and will have to use there head and there nose. A boxer could run a wood and run around a field pushing up hares! There abit thick to and head strong bet when there fired up there hard to stock break.

Haha,just because you ain't seen it don't mean it doesn't happen,I don't for one minute feel I have to prove anyone wrong!! How many you seen in the field to make a judgement like that?

You the same basil brush who's on FB with a black bull x?

My mum has been walking her staff with her friends spaniel upto 6 months ago it wasn't interested in hunting now it's off threw cover in the woods the lot the dogs a pleasure to take out and see work, it just needed showing!!!

i have a pure bull here that will smash thro any thing if you let her to get to the game but saying that she is thick as f##k and when i do take her out it only to the alotment as shes keen for other dog she will try and flip over shed for rabbits so shes realy just a pet funny to see tho

• Like 1