Night vision scopes

Guest foxyforce1

Guest foxyforce1

Hi folks, anyone on here use night vision scopes? thinking of investing in one for the future, wouldnt mind sharing any experiences or thoughts you might have on them?

cheers Billy

Guest Magwitch
Hi folks, anyone on here use night vision scopes? thinking of investing in one for the future, wouldnt mind sharing any experiences or thoughts you might have on them?

cheers Billy

hi billy.... im collecting a digital nv unit from http://www.gbsights.co.uk/digital_al.htm you can see the quality from the units in operation. as soon as i get mine ill do a recording of its performance and even let people take a look through it their selves if close enough.

richie

hello richie

may i ask what you use to record on as my mate as a yukon ranger and we would like to record some footage of NV shooting. cheers Pat :thumbs:

cheers Billy

hi billy.... im collecting a digital nv unit from http://www.gbsights.co.uk/digital_al.htm you can see the quality from the units in operation. as soon as i get mine ill do a recording of its performance and even let people take a look through it their selves if close enough.

richie

hello richie

may i ask what you use to record on as my mate as a yukon ranger and we would like to record some footage of NV shooting. cheers Pat :thumbs:

get your self one of these or similier. any unit with a video input.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=019

richie

NV is really good, only used Gen 1 myself and was the bizz. Got really close to quarry and they just didn't know about it B)

Went back to the lamp in the end though,........................ old school stuff :drink:

I've got a gen 2+ scope and a triple cascade gen 1 monocular (3 gen 1 tubes back to back) but i much prefer to use the lamp :thumbs: as is easier. I would recommend you go out with someone who has a nv unit and have a play with it as all gen1 stuff is pants unless you have a huge infra-red illuminator then you might as well just carry the lamp as target acquisition is far faster

Guest Magwitch

I use a Cobra Merlin which is Gen 1 and with a laser illuminator it works great, can easily head shoot rabbits out to 70+ .The best thing about NV shooting is that you don't get lamp shy rabbits. I would agree with auto culto about trying before buying and going to a demo.

• 2 months later...

Got a gen 1 rifle scope that I use with a rapid 7, copes extemely well with bunnie shooting and the I.R beam picks out the eyes of everything for 100 yards so I have no qualms in telling you that you can devistate any rabbit,rat or fox population. The only weird thing is the one dilated pupil when you take the scope away from your eye, but you get used to it pretty quickly. Loaned mine to a friend who had it mounted on his 22-250 and was doing some fox work. He loved it but said it suffered scope creep after 6 rounds so depending what calibre you will be using, check the mounts !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not perfect but with reach forward mounts but its pretty good. Remember no eye relief is needed with this so your eye is right into the the eyecup on the nv unit. No good if your using cf though, but long eye relief models are available.

Edited by stillair1