• 2 weeks later...

I'd quite like to know what experience and firearms you already had ? Just out of curiosity

And does it now specifically state DEER on your FAC ? ... because mine States Deer and then also states AOLQ. I think most specifically state deer so would watch what yours says mate.

I ask because they were very arsey about me having deer put on without doing the DSC1 and my mate also got turned down recently on a 243 but allowed a 22-250.

• 2 weeks later...

Bigthug, the ACPO agreed use of the AOLQ condition is that the quarry used to show good reason is stated, followed by "and any other lawful quarry". So if you have .243 for fox (no reason why you shouldn't, perfectly good for the little buggers) the condition SHOULD read "For the shooting of FOX and any other lawful quarry"

This means that you can shoot deer with it, as long as it is a deer legal caliber and you follow the bullet weight and muzzle energy rules, with an expanding head.

The condition says ANY other lawful quarry. It does not say any other lawful quarry that's smaller than the main reason for holding. Neither does it say any other lawful quarry except deer.

If you get an FAC with a rifle conditioned for any other lawful quarry, with the less restrictive land condition, then you can shoot any lawful quarry, at your total discretion (given that you have permission to shoot that quarry on that land, otherwise it's not "lawful quarry".

They should never just issue "any other lawful quarry" (it makes no sense unless it has the main quarry stated)

Bigthug, the ACPO agreed use of the AOLQ condition is that the quarry used to show good reason is stated, followed by "and any other lawful quarry". So if you have .243 for fox (no reason why you shouldn't, perfectly good for the little buggers) the condition SHOULD read "For the shooting of FOX and any other lawful quarry"

This means that you can shoot deer with it, as long as it is a deer legal caliber and you follow the bullet weight and muzzle energy rules, with an expanding head.

The condition says ANY other lawful quarry. It does not say any other lawful quarry that's smaller than the main reason for holding. Neither does it say any other lawful quarry except deer.

If you get an FAC with a rifle conditioned for any other lawful quarry, with the less restrictive land condition, then you can shoot any lawful quarry, at your total discretion (given that you have permission to shoot that quarry on that land, otherwise it's not "lawful quarry".

They should never just issue "any other lawful quarry" (it makes no sense unless it has the main quarry stated)

I'm sorry I don't quite understand this although I don't hold an FAC.

What makes you think that if it says "All lawful quarry" that you can't shoot anything smaller than a fox? is it that you don't have permission for small vermin on the land or is it just that you're interpreting it as fox or larger quarry? I can't see why you would need a separate permission for quarry smaller than the stated quarry. Surely AOLQ is AOLQ.

I would have though AOLQ means exactly what is says, anything thats lawful to shoot with a rifle subject to your having permission on the land to shoot it. So if you had fox and AOLQ it would be lawful to shoot anything legal provided you had permission to be on that land for vermin control and not a specific species only.

Edited by Alsone

I'd quite like to know what experience and firearms you already had ? Just out of curiosity

And does it now specifically state DEER on your FAC ? ... because mine States Deer and then also states AOLQ. I think most specifically state deer so would watch what yours says mate.

I ask because they were very arsey about me having deer put on without doing the DSC1 and my mate also got turned down recently on a 243 but allowed a 22-250.

Hi Bigthug87 don't under stand what you mean by (think most specifically state deer so would watch what yours says mate.)

Look at my first post I asked for a 243 for deer and fox when my FAC came back it had on it deer plus AOLQ . I have a remmy .22 fac air rifle 223 remmy tactical never was asked about doing the DSC1 there are a fair amount of deer on my friends land and other farms I go on ive got a fair bit of experience with firearms im nealy 54 years of age been on farms shooting all my life with fac plus shotguns .