Lurchers Yapping In Kennel

Cheers for that bosun11, bit of a tricky one that with position of the kennel but its deffinatly something to think about.The reason ive not got a run is because I dont want the dog feeling trapped which would I fear only escalate the problem.I had 12 footer before and to be honest it was a nightmare, this way hes got much more freedom

, so its not about corner cutting or putting effort in, its just more practicle in my eyes.Im giving him as much exercise as possible at the minute as hes got a lot of fat on him that im trying to turn into muscle.His last owners being giro junkies, and I bet only walking him to shop once a week when emergency has gone on the electric, so I dont think hes ever been walked as much in his life.Think its just a matter of time thing that im just going to have to stick with it.

Just a though mate on what you have just posted.. Maybe the dog feels 'less secure' because it it not in a run, when it was brought up in one..?

Like I said, look at every option... ;)

true that, maybe the dog was like this before thats why, he not there now.? Mine were the same, christ take 1 dog out and leave the other if lamping, and if the bullx you could here the kunt at the bottom of the road. :censored: no dog likes been left they all sing abit, but the bullxs really dont like it .Iwould give him real good walk just befor you read to go to bed, and in the day tire him out and give good beef bone to go at .!

Right, for starters Pernod is dead right... Think about what you post, i've cleaned up the thred but if anyone has a problem or don't understand PM me and we'll clear it right up.

As for that noisy youngster... If it was mine, first off, i'd make sure its kennels were as good as I could get 'em. Next i'd exercise the arse off it, EVERY DAY, it should be put back in its kennel knackered, with good grub and a bone, hoof or sommat to occupy it.

If things persisted, then I would go down the water rout BUT only if I could do it where the dog cannot see its me... Some neurotic dogs, can and will take all sorts of punishment, rather than be alone... So it will whine, bark scream till you come and punish it. Just check if it don't shut up and wag its tail as soon as you appear...? You douse it, shout at it and ten mins later its back on the same game...??

So if your gonna use water, do it where the dog cannot see you or knows whats happening, other than it barks and gets soaked. Try a bucket of water, on a line, on top of the kennel, or rig it up to somewhere high at the end of the chain where it stands. Dog whines, pull the line...!

Or a super soaker from the bedroom window, just do it in stealth mode, so it don't know its you. Best time of year for this now, as windows can be kept open, so minimalising noise...

I've never had to use an anti bark collar, so I can't give any advice on 'em BUT remember, start with everything but punishment, look at my first few lines and if they don't work then go at it with logic not rage, think about the best way to deal with it. Rage will do nothing but drive a wedge between you and your new partner... I'm sure others will give better answers than mine, soak 'em all up and use 'em.

Best of luck... :thumbs:

Take Bosuns advice, wise words :thumbs: Atb

If all else fails mate a remote control shock collar will most likely sort the problem fast.. you would probably only have to use it a couple of times and he would get the message

really can make things much worse than it already is that would be a last resort

My bullx pup was the same so he gets walked twice aday for around 2/3 hours once in the morning and once around 6ish drop into the fields 8ish as the light is dropping and I just let him run his arse off on the bunnys get home food down and not a sound till I open the door in the morning it works for me give it a go pal

If all else fails mate a remote control shock collar will most likely sort the problem fast.. you would probably only have to use it a couple of times and he would get the message

really can make things much worse than it already is that would be a last resort

tried everything with mine when he was whinning in the kennel.. exercise, radio, bones/hooves, hosepipes permanently pointed at the kennel, toys, another dog in with him and auto activated bark collar (which didnt work because only barking triggers it not whinning)

Got a decent electric collar and it was sorted that same day, I kept the collar on him only when in kennel for a further 3 months without having to use it once, didnt even bother charging it. Then never bothered putting it back on since

tried everything with mine when he was whinning in the kennel.. exercise, radio, bones/hooves, hosepipes permanently pointed at the kennel, toys, another dog in with him and auto activated bark collar (which didnt work because only barking triggers it not whinning)what works for one dog dont always work for another

Got a decent electric collar and it was sorted that same day, I kept the collar on him only when in kennel for a further 3 months without having to use it once, didnt even bother charging it. Then never bothered putting it back on since

tried everything with mine when he was whinning in the kennel.. exercise, radio, bones/hooves, hosepipes permanently pointed at the kennel, toys, another dog in with him and auto activated bark collar (which didnt work because only barking triggers it not whinning)what works for one dog dont always work for another

this is true but I was sharing my own experiences not everybody elses with their own dogs. It worked for mine thats all I can comment on

Like or lump it mate I say ....you got a 10month old ..put it on a chain what else do you think is going to happen ..dogs and pups need braking in slowly and time to adjust..the pup has propley been all though the water ..shouting at ect as a puppy ..I say let in the kitchen in a crate ..put on the chain in the day and slowly bring it in later and later each week and before you no it ..it out side all night ..it will be alote less hassle then the council ...atb