Wheaten Terrier Lurchers

Ive never had a wheaton x Grant but maybe one day you say you have never seen a bad wheaton cross ...what did the wheaton blood add to the mix?

Add to the mix well they are gamer and there willingness to work .but I have seen some bad ones too but you get that in every cross

I

your idea and my idea of gameness will probably differ considerably ...gameness was the main trait in useing wheaton blood with adding a better coat than from bull blood but my point is very very few of wheaton blood are from tested wheaton blood

What an extremely blinkered view,and from someone that has never owned one! The way that you say that your idea will probably differ considerably from his is a joke,you seem to put yourself on some kind of pedestal. It seems quite the norm on this site for someone to be preaching about something that they have no experience of.

I say it how I see it ....ive never owned a plummer but I can tell or (preach as you put it ) there wank ...

oh no you dont say it as you see it. thats two types you know little or nothing about. your stuff goin by your posts is the best of gear. ( i havnt seen em work so i'll go by your method. and just take it as yours are shite bummed up by a guy with rose tinted specs on .

TO SAY IT AS YOU SEE IT. YOU NEED TO SEE IT FIRST. pinch of salt with your posts i reckon.

so what you are saying is im lying and my dogs are shite ?

what i am saying is you are making sweeping statements about dogs you know little or nothing about.. so i'm trying to make the same point. in reverse so to speak.

as for your dogs i would'nt know or care if they are good bad or indifferent. .

i would not dream of calling you or anyone a liar. . :icon_eek: . that would be bad form..

attachicon.gifozwald.jpg

my wheaten cross.

attachicon.gifsassy3.jpg

my lurcher and my plummer. you say they are wank. does that mean your calling me a liar. bearing in mind i have first hand experience of these individual dogs.?

there very pretty CS if you read properly what I said most are from untested stock like bulls and beddies but the ones I have seen were decent ...grant c use your imagination ...I have never dug to a plummer but when we start hunting you can to proove me wrong....You are more than welcome to come up I will pay your fuel you will be made most welcome ....or I will travel down to yours to lift some dirt on your plummer :thumbs:

Edited by MIK

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sum more pics

what i am saying is you are making sweeping statements about dogs you know little or nothing about.. so i'm trying to make the same point. in reverse so to speak. as for your dogs i would'nt know or

auld ozzy . still alive and kicking

Posted Images

Only on the hunting life would an American tell Irish lads the what's for with wheatens lol.

Only on the hunting life would an American tell Irish lads the what's for with wheatens lol.

That genuinely made me laugh and aint it the truth, Ive had wheaton xs and still have pure bred wheatons and 1 thing they aint is shy of teeth

Do you really believe I was tellin anybody the what's for?

I asked a question about them. I eventually got somewhat of an answer and said that if this was true then I am impressed and would like to hunt with one. So if either one of you would like to tell me how its "aint it the truth" that would be f****n grand!

You said you've hunted for so many years and your such an age and basically if they were about you'd have seen them you stay quite a distance away from where they originate have you hunted in Ireland? Because I'd take a punt that ireland would be a good place to start

• Like 3

That genuinely made me laugh and aint it the truth, Ive had wheaton xs and still have pure bred wheatons and 1 thing they aint is shy of teeth

I asked a question about them. I eventually got somewhat of an answer and said that if this was true then I am impressed and would like to hunt with one. So if either one of you would like to tell me how its "aint it the truth" that would be f****n grand!

Wind your neck in fella just having the craic

You said you've hunted for so many years and your such an age and basically if they were about you'd have seen them you stay quite a distance away from where they originate have you hunted in Ireland? Because I'd take a punt that ireland would be a good place to start

I mentioned age only cuz I said how far we going back to find one that actually worked. That was the only reason I mentioned that. I never said that if they were about I'd have seen one I just wondered why everybody acts as if they are so secretive that only the chosen few can find them. That's a bit of bullshit cuz in all reality the bulldog world is about as "secretive" as you are gonna get unless you are talkin bout thugs and gang banger culls....I think yall call em chavs. Either way I can find a good bulldog and I'm not even in that circle to be honest but I just have never seen nor heard of a good wheaten. If they are out there though I'd love to see it cuz I think they are neat sumbitches.

Wind your neck in fella just having the craic

I don't really have much of a neck so trust me its fully wound in. HAHA! Take care bro.

I mentioned age only cuz I said how far we going back to find one that actually worked. That was the only reason I mentioned that. I never said that if they were about I'd have seen one I just wondered why everybody acts as if they are so secretive that only the chosen few can find them. That's a bit of bullshit cuz in all reality the bulldog world is about as "secretive" as you are gonna get unless you are talkin bout thugs and gang banger culls....I think yall call em chavs. Either way I can find a good bulldog and I'm not even in that circle to be honest but I just have never seen nor heard of a good wheaten. If they are out there though I'd love to see it cuz I think they are neat sumbitches.

They are most definitely about mate :yes:

Its not about being secretive, the reason they are still about is because of the lads who keep them for what they were intended for, and only that. £ notes don't come into it and that is why you wont hear of them as they have nothing to gain by shouting from the rooftops :thumbs:

• Like 2

They are most definitely about mate :yes:

Its not about being secretive, the reason they are still about is because of the lads who keep them for what they were intended for, and only that. £ notes don't come into it and that is why you wont hear of them as they have nothing to gain by shouting from the rooftops :thumbs:

Good deal man. Like I said I'd love to see them go at it. I like bulldogs but I cant stand the feet on them for the most part and it seems that the terrier types besides them have better feet. Obviously cuz feet was the absolute least concern to the bulldog breeders of yesterday but still sux they got such splayed out feet most the time. The only bulldogs with good feet seem to be show type dogs and they suck hind tit so not worth messing with.

• Like 2

Was just going to post what Stranger posted, I hope the wheatons get left alone and kept from the idiots and peddlars

Ya no shit cuz 99% of the reason most dogs are no good anymore is cuz assholes like that got their hands on them. I see it happening to the coyote dogs over here right now actually. For so many years a buncha good ole boys out west and up in Canada had them and nobody touched them or fooled with them. The men judged them hard and the dogs were living proof of this but nowadays you see it changing. Adding this or that to them to just add it and then NOT making damn sure it worked. Truth be known nothing could beat a greyhound at this game if the greyhound was up to the job but so few of them are but that don't stop men from saturating these dogs in greyhound blood that has never killed a coyote and then running 4 of them at a time and only hunting every 3 or 4 weeks cuz the dogs are all broke down. Its pathetic to say the least.

• Like 1

its wheaten not wheaton ...

there is a few people in ireland and norn ireland still working them and crosses of them , i like the look of the wheaten lurchers but dont have the need for one as imo they are wasted if you aint running them on teeth ...

• Like 1