Wheaten Terrier Lurchers

Ive never had a wheaton x Grant but maybe one day you say you have never seen a bad wheaton cross ...what did the wheaton blood add to the mix?

Add to the mix well they are gamer and there willingness to work .but I have seen some bad ones too but you get that in every cross

I

your idea and my idea of gameness will probably differ considerably ...gameness was the main trait in useing wheaton blood with adding a better coat than from bull blood but my point is very very few of wheaton blood are from tested wheaton blood

:blink::icon_eek: most wheatens can be traced bk to working stock if you look the right places you get a good un

Do you honestly believe the first part of your statement about most wheatens being traced to "working stock?"

Has there ever been any working Wheatons on your side of the Atlantic Dan?

I think Dan is confusing them with the KC stuff.A totally different animal.

• Like 2

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sum more pics

what i am saying is you are making sweeping statements about dogs you know little or nothing about.. so i'm trying to make the same point. in reverse so to speak. as for your dogs i would'nt know or

auld ozzy . still alive and kicking

Posted Images

Define most and how far back do we have to trace cuz I'm only 37 years old and quite sure anything over 30 years ago prolly aint worth tracing back to.

is that right :laugh::whistling:

Not if you cant find out for sure exactly what they were and not unless you know for a fact that the same group of men are still breeding the original stock.

who said they werent :)

If that is the case then I am impressed and would love to go out hunting with some dogs like that.

Ive never had a wheaton x Grant but maybe one day you say you have never seen a bad wheaton cross ...what did the wheaton blood add to the mix?

Add to the mix well they are gamer and there willingness to work .but I have seen some bad ones too but you get that in every cross

I

your idea and my idea of gameness will probably differ considerably ...gameness was the main trait in useing wheaton blood with adding a better coat than from bull blood but my point is very very few of wheaton blood are from tested wheaton blood

:blink::icon_eek: most wheatens can be traced bk to working stock if you look the right places you get a good un

Do you honestly believe the first part of your statement about most wheatens being traced to "working stock?"

Not that I am aware of spindolero.....and no I'm not confusing them at all cuz I know nothing about either side its just I have truly never seen nor heard of a good wheaten anywhere and you would think that I would have by now. Its not like I'm new to this game and surely they cannot be the super secretive things that folks are implying. I mean if I've pretty much seen most good "breeds/types" why is it that I have never even heard of a good wheaten? I am not knockin these dogs at all if they are out there I just never seen one.

Probably dan because ones you have seen have bred from 1/2hearted dogs with shit blood that wouldn't do good days or nights work or probably rough coated lurchers with no wheaton in them but I'll will tell you this get 1 bred the right way from tried & tested dogs you wont go far wrong ;) atb cbx

• Like 3

I

Not that I am aware of spindolero.....and no I'm not confusing them at all cuz I know nothing about either side its just I have truly never seen nor heard of a good wheaten anywhere and you would think that I would have by now. Its not like I'm new to this game and surely they cannot be the super secretive things that folks are implying. I mean if I've pretty much seen most good "breeds/types" why is it that I have never even heard of a good wheaten? I am not knockin these dogs at all if they are out there I just never seen one.

If you were from Ireland I expect that you would have either seen or known of them.

Edited by Moorman 1
  • Like 2

What are wheaten lurchers like as in regards trainablity, obedience? Are they head strong or....? What is their wind like? What us thier wind like at say 3/4 grey 1/4 wheaten?

Genuine questions by the way, I genuinly know very little about this cross.

What are wheaten lurchers like as in regards trainablity, obedience? Are they head strong or....? What is their wind like? What us thier wind like at say 3/4 grey 1/4 wheaten?

Genui

ne questions by the way, I genuinly know very little about this cross.

Well. Al the ones ye English have been given are prob trainable obedient and totally adorable.the proper working wheaten line would never be passed on to people who spend their days on the hunting life and rightly so.
  • Like 4

Genui

Well. Al the ones ye English have been given are prob trainable obedient and totally adorable.the proper working wheaten line would never be passed on to people who spend their days on the hunting life and rightly so

ive one here that is untrainable disobedient and ugly as sin. does that mean i have a good one.. :D .

i take it you dont have one derek :laugh::laugh:

Edited by Cleanspade

Genui

Well. Al the ones ye English have been given are prob trainable obedient and totally adorable.the proper working wheaten line would never be passed on to people who spend their days on the hunting life and rightly so.

your not rouge there mate :yes::thumbs:

Genui

Well. Al the ones ye English have been given are prob trainable obedient and totally adorable.the proper working wheaten line would never be passed on to people who spend their days on the hunting life and rightly so

ive one here that is untrainable disobedient and ugly as sin. does that mean i have a good one.. :D .

i take it you dont

Edited by derekbrown

Genui

So how would you know this then?