Wheaten Terrier Lurchers

Ive never had a wheaton x Grant but maybe one day you say you have never seen a bad wheaton cross ...what did the wheaton blood add to the mix?

Add to the mix well they are gamer and there willingness to work .but I have seen some bad ones too but you get that in every cross

I

your idea and my idea of gameness will probably differ considerably ...gameness was the main trait in useing wheaton blood with adding a better coat than from bull blood but my point is very very few of wheaton blood are from tested wheaton blood

What an extremely blinkered view,and from someone that has never owned one! The way that you say that your idea will probably differ considerably from his is a joke,you seem to put yourself on some kind of pedestal. It seems quite the norm on this site for someone to be preaching about something that they have no experience of.

I say it how I see it ....ive never owned a plummer but I can tell or (preach as you put it ) there wank ...

oh no you dont say it as you see it. thats two types you know little or nothing about. your stuff goin by your posts is the best of gear. ( i havnt seen em work so i'll go by your method. and just take it as yours are shite bummed up by a guy with rose tinted specs on .

TO SAY IT AS YOU SEE IT. YOU NEED TO SEE IT FIRST. pinch of salt with your posts i reckon.

Edited by Cleanspade
  • Like 3

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sum more pics

what i am saying is you are making sweeping statements about dogs you know little or nothing about.. so i'm trying to make the same point. in reverse so to speak. as for your dogs i would'nt know or

auld ozzy . still alive and kicking

Posted Images

Ive never had a wheaton x Grant but maybe one day you say you have never seen a bad wheaton cross ...what did the wheaton blood add to the mix?

Add to the mix well they are gamer and there willingness to work .but I have seen some bad ones too but you get that in every cross

I

your idea and my idea of gameness will probably differ considerably ...gameness was the main trait in useing wheaton blood with adding a better coat than from bull blood but my point is very very few of wheaton blood are from tested wheaton blood

What an extremely blinkered view,and from someone that has never owned one! The way that you say that your idea will probably differ considerably from his is a joke,you seem to put yourself on some kind of pedestal. It seems quite the norm on this site for someone to be preaching about something that they have no experience of.

I say it how I see it ....ive never owned a plummer but I can tell or (preach as you put it ) there wank ...

oh no you dont say it as you see it. thats two types you know little or nothing about. your stuff goin by your posts is the best of gear. ( i havnt seen em work so i'll go by your method. and just take it as yours are shite bummed up by a guy with rose tinted specs on .

TO SAY IT AS YOU SEE IT. YOU NEED TO SEE IT FIRST. pinch of salt with your posts i reckon.

so what you are saying is im lying and my dogs are shite ?

I

so what you are saying is im lying and my dogs are shite ?

what i am saying is you are making sweeping statements about dogs you know little or nothing about.. so i'm trying to make the same point. in reverse so to speak.

as for your dogs i would'nt know or care if they are good bad or indifferent. .

i would not dream of calling you or anyone a liar. . :icon_eek: . that would be bad form..

post-2078-0-81944000-1377616599.jpg

my wheaten cross.

post-2078-0-56144500-1377616790.jpg

my lurcher and my plummer. you say they are wank. does that mean your calling me a liar. bearing in mind i have first hand experience of these individual dogs.?

• Like 11

I

:blink::icon_eek: most wheatens can be traced bk to working stock if you look the right places you get a good un

• Like 1

I

:blink::icon_eek: most wheatens can be traced bk to working stock if you look the right places you get a good un

Do you honestly believe the first part of your statement about most wheatens being traced to "working stock?"

I

Do you honestly believe the first part of your statement about most wheatens being traced to "working stock?"

i fancy my chances :thumbs:

I agree with other comments above mate

The only thing I have found with this breed is they can be a bit of a twat with other dogs need to kennel and feed alone.

Once they have been switch on to the fox game, they always seem to go worse many a time they have drew the terrier before the quarry when I've been digging with them

I would go for a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 wheaton if I was to go down that route again mate or even a 5/8th bred have a bit more speed for the lamping job

Not saying all the same mate, that's just my opinion on the breed.

Good luck hope you find what your looking for

all the best JDD

Spot on, I have witnessed the same kind of stuff with a good line, really unprodictable and are deadly when fired up, I once walked past a young bitch with a old russel in my arms she was a line bred wheaten x 3rd gen grabbed her out my arms shaking her like mad, only did 2 seasons along side them and it was anoth to put me of for life ever owning one. I can say quite a few other incidents but will leave it as i'll be here all night. Edited by Bazil brush

Define most and how far back do we have to trace cuz I'm only 37 years old and quite sure anything over 30 years ago prolly aint worth tracing back to.

is that right :laugh::whistling:

Not if you cant find out for sure exactly what they were and not unless you know for a fact that the same group of men are still breeding the original stock.

• Like 1

Define most and how far back do we have to trace cuz I'm only 37 years old and quite sure anything over 30 years ago prolly aint worth tracing back to.

is that right :laugh::whistling:

Not if you cant find out for sure exactly what they were and not unless you know for a fact that the same group of men are still breeding the original stock.

out of sight out of mind