Wheaten Terrier Lurchers

Ive never had a wheaton x Grant but maybe one day you say you have never seen a bad wheaton cross ...what did the wheaton blood add to the mix?

Add to the mix well they are gamer and there willingness to work .but I have seen some bad ones too but you get that in every cross

I

your idea and my idea of gameness will probably differ considerably ...gameness was the main trait in useing wheaton blood with adding a better coat than from bull blood but my point is very very few of wheaton blood are from tested wheaton blood

What an extremely blinkered view,and from someone that has never owned one! The way that you say that your idea will probably differ considerably from his is a joke,you seem to put yourself on some kind of pedestal. It seems quite the norm on this site for someone to be preaching about something that they have no experience of.

• Like 7

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sum more pics

what i am saying is you are making sweeping statements about dogs you know little or nothing about.. so i'm trying to make the same point. in reverse so to speak. as for your dogs i would'nt know or

auld ozzy . still alive and kicking

Posted Images

Ive never had a wheaton x Grant but maybe one day you say you have never seen a bad wheaton cross ...what did the wheaton blood add to the mix?

Add to the mix well they are gamer and there willingness to work .but I have seen some bad ones too but you get that in every cross

I

your idea and my idea of gameness will probably differ considerably ...gameness was the main trait in useing wheaton blood with adding a better coat than from bull blood but my point is very very few of wheaton blood are from tested wheaton blood

What an extremely blinkered view,and from someone that has never owned one! The way that you say that your idea will probably differ considerably from his is a joke,you seem to put yourself on some kind of pedestal. It seems quite the norm on this site for someone to be preaching about something that they have no experience of.

I say it how I see it ....ive never owned a plummer but I can tell or (preach as you put it ) there wank ...

Have you seen any work mik? Or really looked into the breed and its crosses? I don't think such a strong opinion can be passed on them unless you have hands on experience with them.

I've never owned or seen a Plummer work maybe I'm missing out, maybe I'm not but I can't pass judgment on them as of yet.

Edited by grant_c
  • Like 2

I

I say it how I see it ....ive never owned a plummer but I can tell or (preach as you put it ) there wank ...

Again thats a blinkered statement so all the dogs in all your dogs pedigrees were tested to the extreme? I believe you have a terrier out of a bitch called Gypsey? So you know that everything in her pedigree was fully tested? I think we are heading a little off track.....are we not?

Believe it or not several years back I have seen a few Plummers that worked to ground as good as any terrier......again we are off topic!

Edited by Moorman 1
  • Like 4

having said ive not seen a pure wheaten work,the guy that breed his wheaten/bull / grey to my whip/grey,,,,said his wheaten/bull/grey was the best bitch he,s ever owned in over 30years and wished he had got into wheaten/lurchers when he was young as she suited him to a tee

not trying to say there the best!!!!

altho I never got one out off his bitch me and my brother got a pup each out off 1st cross wheaten /grey,,,same stud dog used,,,are hoping they will do the job

and end up good rabbit dogs as that's only what we want them for,,,and not bootlickers lol

000000000000000000000000000.jpg

mate im after skipping 6 pages just to say wheaten x dogs are as good as you will find. I have never owend a strait wheaten x but a mate of mine is mad into them and he has had some serious dogs, better than a lot bull x iv seen.

• Like 1

I

Again thats a blinkered statement so all the dogs in all your dogs pedigrees were tested to the extreme? I believe you have a terrier out of a bitch called Gypsey? So you know that everything in her pedigree was fully tested? I think we are heading a little off track.....are we not?

Believe it or not several years back I have seen a few Plummers that worked to ground as good as any terrier......again we are off topic!

You are heading off track ....regarding the pup I have out of Gypsy ...I know lads that have dug to her and have said she is a decent sort but there is a bit of lies told by the lad that bred her regarding her breeding if my memory serves me well and the lad that owned gypsy gave the pups (free of charge )to myself and other lads knowing they will see graft and on the sires side its not for me to say on here but you will know that the lad that owns him rates him and he doesn't keep shite .

getting back to wheaton crosses I have seen a few infact a few years ago I witnessed one turn in one of the bravest shifts I have seen from a lurcher never gave an inch and never made a sound and that do finished that dogs career .....another lad that moved back down to Ne England had one I saw it work a few times but nothing to challenging but I heard from lads I trust that it was a fair animal ....a lad that has a pup out whip x greys litter is out with me all the time and if I wanted a wee rabbiting bitch it would be one of that ilk but that's all she is ...a good rabbiting bitch that's is just starting her trade and imo will be good at her job .

I still stand by what I say regarding wheatons bulls and to an even greater extent beddies there are not many being tested ....not in this country any way .

Moorman if you are referring to my lurchers breeding I would have to say yes to your question apart from the the brother and sister mateing that bitch wasn't tested to the extreme as you put like others out of this line ..... but she saw enough and worked in a style that I thought she justified taking a litter of and all this litter was given out to lads up and down the country I knew would show them plenty ....and from what ive heard all had a very productive first season .

What do you mean that finished the dogs career? So you've seen 2 work and they worked well but in your other post you've said all wheaten was good for was offering a good coat to rabbiting lurchers doesn't add up. you go out with a young dog and your saying it will never be more than a rabbiting lurcher? I don't know how such an assumption can be made its still very young is it not although a good rabbiting lurcher is a good lurcher to me. I think the wheaten influence in them pups wasn't a lot was it? Along with other breeds it wasn't just wheaten. So you've seen 2 dogs and one youngster with a wee bit wheaten 2 were good ones still learning in your words and yet made such a bold statement putting them down 2 dogs isn't a lot of experience on them especially only a couple of trips out. We won't go into beddys it's another argument but again they are there.

Edited by grant_c

I agree with other comments above mate

The only thing I have found with this breed is they can be a bit of a twat with other dogs need to kennel and feed alone.

Once they have been switch on to the fox game, they always seem to go worse many a time they have drew the terrier before the quarry when I've been digging with them

I would go for a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 wheaton if I was to go down that route again mate or even a 5/8th bred have a bit more speed for the lamping job

Not saying all the same mate, that's just my opinion on the breed.

Good luck hope you find what your looking for

all the best JDD

there was me thinkin using a draw dog was illegal lol

I

You are heading off track ....regarding the pup I have out of Gypsy ...I know lads that have dug to her and have said she is a decent sort but there is a bit of lies told by the lad that bred her regarding her breeding if my memory serves me well and the lad that owned gypsy gave the pups (free of charge )to myself and other lads knowing they will see graft and on the sires side its not for me to say on here but you will know that the lad that owns him rates him and he doesn't keep shite .

getting back to wheaton crosses I have seen a few infact a few years ago I witnessed one turn in one of the bravest shifts I have seen from a lurcher never gave an inch and never made a sound and that do finished that dogs career .....another lad that moved back down to Ne England had one I saw it work a few times but nothing to challenging but I heard from lads I trust that it was a fair animal ....a lad that has a pup out whip x greys litter is out with me all the time and if I wanted a wee rabbiting bitch it would be one of that ilk but that's all she is ...a good rabbiting bitch that's is just starting her trade and imo will be good at her job .

I still stand by what I say regarding wheatons bulls and to an even greater extent beddies there are not many being tested ....not in this country any way .

Moorman if you are referring to my lurchers breeding I would have to say yes to your question apart from the the brother and sister mateing that bitch wasn't tested to the extreme as you put like others out of this line ..... but she saw enough and worked in a style that I thought she justified taking a litter of and all this litter was given out to lads up and down the country I knew would show them plenty ....and from what ive heard all had a very productive first season .

I believe that you took it off topic with the Plummer outburst!Yes I lined Gypsey up for S and have her brothers,there was no lies told by the guy that bred her there was just a bit of confusion.He got a name wrong!I too was offered a pup from the litter but declined.There is nothing wrong with her that I know of .But what I was getting at is the fact that I know and have seen more of her relatives work than you have.Just liken it to the Wheaten grey breedings someone is breeding and testing the Wheatens thats why they are produced and there are plenty of lads testing them.Just because you don't know them doesn't mean that they aren't out there doing it.You also keep saying that they are just rabbiting dogs,the lads that you go out with must have the wrong stuff,thats all I can say. If you want to discuss this in more depth I suggest that you PM me.Just because you haven't seen any that you rate doesn't mean that they aren't a decent type,most of the comments on this type are positive that speaks for itself.

Edited by Moorman 1