1St Of Mine Ever,,, Not Been Seen Shot For A Long Time Around Us,,,

me and my mate headed of to the mountain on Saturday with our 3 pointers as we started to head 100 yards through the heather we spotted 4 grouse getting up about 120 yards away,, so we headed on in the direction after them over the brow of the hill. As we started to walk down the mountain the 4 grouse jumped up again about 50 yards of us and really took of on the wing as we could watch them fly down the mountain and up the other side of it and across to the right :o so we headed of after them,, down the mountain then up it again while heading across the mountain the dog was getting a strong scent so as we approached slowly thinking this was it, it's the chance we've been waiting for up jumps a scronny snipe :huh: so we then started to rethink our positions whether or not we were up high enough,,, we sorta parted ways as my mate walked up a bit higher 20-30 yards i walked along more to the right,, then with my mate cutting along with me but about 10 yards behind me.. i noticed my pup pointer and the older pointer getting a hunt just as that up jumped 2 grouse,,, so up i threw my gun as one flew down across my right i fired and shot it :boogy::boogy: i then also fired a shot after the other one but it was bit far out for my liking but i tried my luck anyway but no good but not to worry :thumbs: my pointer was on his way down to lift the grouse i had shot :laugh: we then walked on about another 80 yards to then see the other 4 grouse rise up just off shooting distance again and take off again :huh: that was the last we seen of them as they flew over the brow of the hill and we couldn't see them no longer we walked then walked the rest of the mountain as my friend was really wanting to shoot one but we seen nothing the rest of the day...... anyway heres the picture

post-83234-0-84919300-1376864782_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

aye through mark,,, we had walked the same place on Thursday there well we were just out a hour we pointers but covered the hot spots where we rose them out off but never seen a feather :hmm: lol but am happy enough if a never seen another one :laugh:

good man jacka ayee had to take it of him as the house was while warm :tongue2: propped his head up a bit,, needed a good photo to blow up and put on the wall :laugh::laugh: