Kenneling, Separate Or Together ????

Be mindful of the risks when you put dogs together," kennel three bury one". I'd put my two together, ones alpha the other beta so no problem fighting for pecking order. Seen too many reports on these web sites about coming home from work and finding a dead terrier/lurcher, if you don't have space for a number of dogs don't keep them together. jmo!

Be mindful of the risks when you put dogs together," kennel three bury one". I'd put my two together, ones alpha the other beta so no problem fighting for pecking order. Seen too many reports on these web sites about coming home from work and finding a dead terrier/lurcher, if you don't have space for a number of dogs don't keep them together. jmo!

You should be the alpha not one of the mutts :thumbs:

• Like 1

Personally prefer separate, as to avoid squabbles over bones feeding bedding areas ect. Only reason i mentioned it as i put a put a pic up on another site of my new pup up in the kennels and got asked as to why i kenneled them separate. So i thought i would see what everyone's thoughts are on the matter :thumbs:

yeh but you aint always going to be there say 3 am if the kick off over a old bone, my 2 are in there own kennel+runs, but regards food my pup loves his belly. And when i feed them Buck will watch Bryn like feckin hawk even though they not together, ireally think if they ever kicked off Buck would kill Bryn, he just to big+powerful for Bryn, so i dont let it happen even thought they are great mates, dont trust Buck with food :yes:

I am you bitch... :laugh: . I think you know what I meant.. ;)

There are a few deciding factors for me for kenneling separate. Firstly i do think dogs need there own space at times and can ( sometimes ) become dependent on the other dogs company at times. Also my old dog suffers with a bad shoulder and has a submissive nature and dosent want a thirteen week old terror/puppy diving all over him and swinging and biting his ears, he likes his own space. Back in the day some of the lads i knew that kenneled there,s together would kick off and start howling if you took the one dog lamping ( just saying not always the case, but can happen ). Also back when i had earth dogs, some of the terriers could be a mite touchy and were best kenneled alone. My dogs can see each other in the runs and the bedding boxes are lined with plastic for ease of cleaning and there is a perspex window so the pup can see the other dog. I also allow my dogs in the house so they are not always alone in the runs.

Each to there own, its just the way i do things and suits me :thumbs:

• Like 5