How Often To Work Permission? ?

I have now a 45 acre plot with one or two warrens and a 250 acre plot with a definate 7 warrens and some more possibly. How often would you all work such land ? obviously wouldn't want to deplete the population? etc

I would think there be more ????

well ive had personal guarantee that theres an old railway line littered with them and at least seven warrens he knows off there so should be worth the trip! want wo work it for the meat and sport but also want some to return to next year , suppose its finding the balance

Have you asked who owns the railway line ?. round here they handed the old disused railway back too the farmers as it was too expensive to fence and they where worried about health and safety

• Like 1

wowza very nice heres hoping, how long did it take to get them? and how many ferrets did you use?

Ferreting is one of the purest sports its not rocket science but over time you will learn ,you can ferret with one but twos better ,when the season comes we tend to rotate 15 over the week working four hobs and one jill .

Its not about bag sizes its about enjoying the great countryside but over time permission will grow if your good and well mannered and respectful ,one thing is that is its never instant expeirance is something you learn over your lifetime .

The bag in picture took half a day using 4 ferts

You can only catch whats there plenty of lads on here catch alot of gear :thumbs:

ATB Cookie

1865_zps91acc868.jpg1876_zps6810e976.jpg1878_zps87525e89.jpg

• Like 1

work your land as often as possible jus limit the rabbs u take dont forget your tryin to make ayoung dog and give young ferrts some graft dont forget the next ferrter that comes along wil get theanswer well there is alad comes on but not very often and theyll be in like a shot

• Like 1

The large 250 acre is from a fellow squaddie i was friends with in the army so should be okay on that front, Been offered free beer at the local pub hes just bought aswell lol

Just want to take on the surrounding areas and then i can make a weekend of it whenever i go up!