First Pcp Budget Of £500

Hey guys, basically i'm looking to purchase my first PCP air rifle, already have a Nikko Stirling 4-12X50 AO which I took of my crosman nitro venom and a Dive tank ( not too sure about the fitting though its my dad which he used for diving, its been in the loft for years).
I have a budget of £500 and am not fussed about new or old.
I really like the look of the BSA ultra SE, but was wondering if you guys have any others in mind?
Cheers.

For £500 you can get a really nice second hand (normally high priced) air rifle buddy.

or

Like you have mentioned a new BSA Ultra MMC / SE model.

The Ultra is a really handy rifle, light and very pointable with accuracy to match some of the best. The only thing lets it down slightly is if you want a high shot count per fill.

To be honest mate I zero with mine then refill. 35 shots in .177 is ample for a normal 30 target HFT course.

For hunting 35 shots is plenty and more unless your permission is a rabbit or rat Valhalla permission.

If you want accuracy then this rifle as it in the bag full, so much so that i would dear say its as accurate as a HW100.

Si.

Edited by zini
  • Like 1

If you get lucky you will pick up a BSA Super 10 and get it Blueprint tuned for that sort of money!

Mark 1s often go for around the £200-£250 mark, leaves you enough for the Bowkett Blueprint.

Definitely, this is the way to go. I had the roughest looking Mk1 you can imagine, which got sent away for John to work his magic on it. It turned out to be the best field gun I owned.

for me it would be a pre AT AAS410k, because you can maintain it,service it your self,fettle with it,polish internals,trigger tune,and the shot count is higher than the BSA multi shot!

you could pick one up for around 350/400 if you look hard enough :thumbs:

if you are buying of the net /shooting forums please do a face to face deal,and check out its history via the serial number :thumbs:

• Like 1