Religious People Less Intelligent

Jesus wasn't some white guy, and he certainly isn't just for white folks. He is calling to every kindred, nation, and tongue. Your example of changing the Bible to fit ones needs, does happen, you just need to read it in context. The rich young ruler that he told to sell of of his goods and follow me, was hung up on his possessions, and Jesus perceived it while talking with him. He never asked all believers to be broke or poor, just poor in spirit. Which just means if a humble nature and not an arrogant person. A humble person can still be confident in themselves, they just don't go around bragging about themselves. Personally I know hundreds of believers, a lot of them I might see a couple times a year at meetings, some are getting by, some are wealthy, some are highly intelligent, and some not so smart! One thing about them all, when they heard the story of God's salvation plan, they accepted Christ into their lives, and all are better for it. He calls out to everyone that's seeking. I would love for everyone that I ever meet, or speak with to have the joy and peace I have from knowing Jesus, the only begotten Son of God. However, I'd never push my beliefs on anyone, only here to share, and hopefully clear the muddy waters of misconception.

• Like 3

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting one this   Having been brought up as religous, I have an inherant distrust of anyone who believes in god.   I can never fully understand why anyone with any intelligence could believe

Islam.   Case rested.

The faith that atheist have is amazing, far more than us simple Christians. To be able to believe we came from fish. Our bodies are made up of 10 trillion cells, that all just somehow aligned themselv

Posted Images

That's not why they called him the white christ.

It's because baldr,the god who jesus' story is based on was the white god,meaning exceptionally pure.

Dying and being reborn purer is a european pagan thing.

If we're just going to change the meaning of the words to suit ourselves it doesn't matter what's written.

it could be the instructions for a microwave,just interpret it how you want and you'll go to heaven forever and ever.

Neems what history book are you reading????? Jesus Christ was crucified in A.D. 33, the Vikings were about 600-700 years later. How do you reckon the story of Jesus was based on their beliefs?

I take it you're American?

European Paganism has existed probably nearly as long we have,the viking age was the north mens answer to the torture,murder and forced conversions of the saxons by king/emperor charmelgne (probably spelt wrong) with the spread of the holy roman empire.

that and they no doubt knew sooner or later it would be their turn.

http://www.englisc-gateway.com/bbs/topic/45073-good-friday-news-blackout/?do=findComment&comment=220988

anyone heard what went on in regents park apparently a d notice was issued so there's been no media coverage on it seems another large scale protest adding to the argument that brainwashed religious nuts this time islamists are indeed denser than normal people?

http://www.englisc-gateway.com/bbs/topic/45073-good-friday-news-blackout/?do=findComment&comment=220988

anyone heard what went on in regents park apparently a d notice was issued so there's been no media coverage on it seems another large scale protest adding to the argument that brainwashed religious nuts this time islamists are indeed denser than normal people?

So it kicks off in the capital city and our government decide the british public dont need to hear about it

The faith that atheist have is amazing, far more than us simple Christians. To be able to believe we came from fish. Our bodies are made up of 10 trillion cells, that all just somehow aligned themselves into a perfect working order. The knowledge of the cell itself, it's made up of a cell membrane, whose only job is to protect the nucleus, and can't survive without a nucleus. Which do you think came first? The nucleus, or the membrane, lol! I just keep believing in the "man in the sky", I've personally felt his presence and seen the effects of his power to change lives for the better. I will agree that "religion" can be bad, but that's not what he is seeking from you, nor is it what he has in store for those that seek after him. Atheist use some of your great faith and call on God, it for sure won't hurt you. If I die having served the lord and have been wrong, I still lived a good life helping others, if you die having served yourself and denying God, well if your wrong? Signed the Christian simpleton

why do you have to be religious to help others,seems like arrogance is a quality you have as well as faith

Wave a few copies of Spearhead around and drink tins of beer, that will make those Muslims think twice before they mess with the bulldog breed again !! Lol lol

It was on our local news........the bit i saw that Choudary mush nearly got lynched by his own mob they was getting in his face giving it " you dont represent us ".....apart from that it just looked the normal shouting from a safe distance.

Pritch, where did I say you had to be religious to help others?? I was stating the attributes of a Christian life. Did you read the rest of my post? I'm sure your a very giving person, sorry if you misunderstood what I really said.

i was more annoyed at the alleged d notice given to keep it all quiet rather than what actually happened. religion in this day and age can obviously be a force for good or evil and im most definately not anti religion its just so complex especially in middle east with islam getting the blame when in reality within islam there are sects which interpret the koran completely differently. in syria, to my best knowledge the shias and alawhite groups including hezbolla are protecting christian churches and also giving money to help rebuild christian churches as they fight alongside each other for assad whilst the rebels who our government supports are sunni amd wahabi salafists supported by saudi arabia and israel. crazy situation all because of religion just shows how important it is even if some people in the west say its all bolloks put in certain situations im sure moat people would find spirituality or religion of some sort.

• Like 1