Is Anyone Running Cats With Their Dogs?

Show the young ones some young ones and they will have all of this sorted out long before it can cause problems. I have a friend that was close with the man who brought the first jagdterriers over here to the US. He was an old German at the time. He took that friend aside and said that a pup should be taken out by itself at three months and put into a barrel with a kitten and the lid should be put on the barrel. When the noise stops you should take the lid back off and from then on the pup will hunt for you.

Of course this story is just what the fags will start crying about but it's obviously just a quote from an old man at a time long past. I wonder what would happen if you put one of those fags in a barrel and left the lid on? That sounds like another solution!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you put hydrogen peroxide in a syringe and squirt it into the tooth holes three times a day for three days, that won't happen.

the most important thing to remember in regard of preventing infection is to get the wound as clean as posible as quickly as possible. clean water is as good as anything else, just flush as much as yo

I've had feral cat with a lurcher wicked enough animal and as much a pest as a fox if not more so

Research shows that Hydrogen peroxide if over used does/can cause minor tissue damage and slow down healing, that is easy remedied though by not over using :no: I have never needed to use it more than twice on wounds anyway :)

That's all I was trying to say. Just don't overuse it and its fine. Like I said I don't use it. I just squirt 7% iodine on whatever is the matter and call it a day. My dogs never get infections and I never use antibiotics either.I used to be the worst for jabbing dogs and givng them courses of synulux every time they got a few bites until someone a lot more knowledgable showed me the error of my ways.

3-4 days of penicllin tabs, with warm salt water will clean up wounds, very good for fox+cat bites, prob the same with yote bites.!

If wounds are cleaned thoroughly Ray there is no need for any sort of antibiotics.They are only needed to get rid of an infection so if you do a good enough job of cleang wounds there is no need for infection in the first place.

yeh, fair point that :thumbs:

I used to be the worst for jabbing dogs and putting them on courses of synulux every time they copped a few bites until someone a lot more knowledgable showed me the error of my ways.His words were why are you trying to beat an infection that aint there.

• Like 1

Antibiotics are for emergency use only. Antibiotics actually suppress the immune system while they work and open the dog up to being vulnerable to other problems. I only use them as a last course of action. I also used to give them right away, now the only time I give them automatically is if a dog gets into a porcupine really bad, that's a guaranteed infection coming around the corner.

• Like 2

Antibiotics are for emergency use only. Antibiotics actually suppress the immune system while they work and open the dog up to being vulnerable to other problems. I only use them as a last course of action. I also used to give them right away, now the only time I give them automatically is if a dog gets into a porcupine really bad, that's a guaranteed infection coming around the corner.

Why did you have to bring porcupines into it? Or a better question would be why don't dogs ever learn? lol

ATB

the most important thing to remember in regard of preventing infection is to get the wound as clean as posible as quickly as possible. clean water is as good as anything else, just flush as much as you can through the wound . its not just bacteria which causes abscesses, foreign material left in a wound will cause them even a splinter will fester if left in. i knew a fella had a horse run through some fencing had some horrendous holes in it. he brought it up to the yard, just stuck a hosepipe into all the holes, some places it was going in one hole and coming out of another. not one of those wounds went bad

when we used to do a lot of foxes always carried a squeezy bottle of diluted pevidine (iodine based) and any bites got a good squirt as deep into the holes as it would go. never had a problem with infection.

Edited by beast
  • Like 4

the most important thing to remember in regard of preventing infection is to get the wound as clean as posible as quickly as possible. clean water is as good as anything else, just flush as much as you can through the wound . its not just bacteria which causes abscesses, foreign material left in a wound will cause them even a splinter will fester if left in. i knew a fella had a horse run through some fencing had some horrendous holes in it. he brought it up to the yard, just stuck a hosepipe into all the holes, some places it was going in one hole and coming out of another. not one of those wounds went bad

when we used to do a lot of foxes always carried a squeezy bottle of diluted pevidine (iodine based) and any bites got a good squirt as deep into the holes as it would go. never had a problem with infection.

That's what I do right there. I rinse wound with water and then take and squirt 7% in it. Case closed.

• Like 1

That's what I do right there. I rinse wound with water and then take and squirt 7% in it. Case closed.

And NO I don't mean case closed as in that's the only way to do it. I mean I'm done with it and I don't worry about it anymore. Just thought I'd clarify so you lil butt hurt faggots don't get all emotional as usual. ;)

10-4 Mickey, the leopards are pretty good about leaving them alone but the terriers give them what for over and over again! I'm not sure how easy the lurchers will be to break off of them but I've got the hot wire set up all around the yard and I'm going to hang a porcupine gift basket up for them early on. That seems to work the best for getting the idea out of their heads young. I only had two porky run-ins last year and one skunk. All 1-2 year olds starting to think on their own.

10-4 Mickey, the leopards are pretty good about leaving them alone but the terriers give them what for over and over again! I'm not sure how easy the lurchers will be to break off of them but I've got the hot wire set up all around the yard and I'm going to hang a porcupine gift basket up for them early on. That seems to work the best for getting the idea out of their heads young. I only had two porky run-ins last year and one skunk. All 1-2 year olds starting to think on their own.

I'll take skunks over porky's any day. Unless I'm starving that is.

ATB