Is Anyone Running Cats With Their Dogs?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you put hydrogen peroxide in a syringe and squirt it into the tooth holes three times a day for three days, that won't happen.

the most important thing to remember in regard of preventing infection is to get the wound as clean as posible as quickly as possible. clean water is as good as anything else, just flush as much as yo

I've had feral cat with a lurcher wicked enough animal and as much a pest as a fox if not more so

Yall must have some rough ass cats over there cuz I aint never seen one be tough enough to ever get a bit in on a damn dog. I don't mess with them on purpose but of course I've had my dogs come across them and its a disaster within seconds. Sick fuckers make me wanna puke at times when they have caught a cat. They come apart awful easy. Sorry men but a 90# dog shaking a rabbit with claws is not much of a fight. And the sumbitches always smell like cat piss to boot. I hate when a dog catches a damn cat.

Edited by Dan Edwards
  • Like 1

I think it's good to disgust what a cat can do to your dog because I didn't until it happened to two of my dogs (as you can see) but if i'd known about the hydrogen peroxide and the benefits of using it, I could have prevented the amount of damage that was caused :icon_redface: so for that THANK YOU :thumbs: because you're NEVER too old to learn something new. :thumbs:

• Like 2

I stay well away from cat's if i can help it because i've seen the damage they can do with a bite. :bad:

Leiasrecovery007.jpg

Leiasrecovery009.jpg

What breed of dog

I stay well away from cat's if i can help it because i've seen the damage they can do with a bite. :bad:

Leiasrecovery007.jpg

Leiasrecovery009.jpg

What breed of dog is this mate

Hydrogen peroxide is not the best thing to use on open wounds. It actually does more harm than good. I know people have been doing it for a long time. I used to use it with a bulb syringe to flush out wounds. It does a good job of removing debris, and I guess bacteria. But the fact is it slows healing, and does little to combat infection.

Flushing the wound quickly with water, or salt water. will do the same thing without causing tissue damage. I've used my eye flush squeeze bottle and it seems to work.

On bigger wounds, and lacerations. I use Bag Balm to keep out flies, and other contaminants. If I'm stapling the bag balm goes on last. Some over here don't agree with bag balm, and use EMT gel, or Bacitracin. If you go through the draws of your doctors exam room while you're waiting. You should find some Bacitracin packages. ;) EMT gel you'll have to buy.

I hope this is helpful.

• Like 3

Leiasrecovery007.jpg

Leiasrecovery009.jpg

What breed of dog

Leiasrecovery007.jpg

Leiasrecovery009.jpg

What breed of dog is this mate

Whippet x beddy put back to a pure whippet. :thumbs:

A few pictures of the progress of healing at the time., this was quite a few years ago now. :thumbs:

SkippyLeiaswounds008.jpg

SkippyLeiaswounds002.jpg

Looking much better at this stage but i will never forget the smell each time the bandages were changed. :bad:

SkippyLeiaswounds006.jpg

:thumbs:

Leia's went all down the inside of her leg but i can't find the picture's of her wound. :cray:

Edited by mintstick999

A rabbit with claws!!! I've never thought of it that way but that's right on the mark. There are those few that can deal out a lot of damage but most of them are just that. The kreepy thing is that my brain has been connecting cat pee with fun for so long that I really like the smell now. I'm sure there's an equally kreepy website devoted to people who squirt it all over themselves and do weird things, HA!

• Like 1

I take a syringe with a needle on it and inject it into the muscle around the wound site. It's slow but it heals completely with all of that oxygen and contrary to the advice of the doctors the end result is fantastic. Some small amount of tissue is killed with the infusion of the high oxygen content but the effects on the site that are good, far outweigh the tiny amount of tissue that is destroyed at the initial contact. There are quicker ways but this does work for nearly nothing.

• Like 2

A rabbit with claws!!! I've never thought of it that way but that's right on the mark. There are those few that can deal out a lot of damage but most of them are just that. The kreepy thing is that my brain has been connecting cat pee with fun for so long that I really like the smell now. I'm sure there's an equally kreepy website devoted to people who squirt it all over themselves and do weird things, HA!

I take a syringe with a needle on it and inject it into the muscle around the wound site. It's slow but it heals completely with all of that oxygen and contrary to the advice of the doctors the end result is fantastic. Some small amount of tissue is killed with the infusion of the high oxygen content but the effects on the site that are good, far outweigh the tiny amount of tissue that is destroyed at the initial contact. There are quicker ways but this does work for nearly nothing.

That chit made me laugh. I aint never seen a cat that could dish it out unless the dog that was on it was a straight up counterfeit. I had this yella cur gyp years back that would hit em so hard all you would see was a puff of fur and she weren't much more than 40 pounds. Seriously, they are a rabbit with claws.

Hydrogen peroxide is the best bet along with iodine. Yes peroxide if "overused" causes it to heal slower but still it will heal. 2 or 3 cleanings with it and you are mint. That being said I never use it. I squirt a lil iodine on whatever and call it a day.

That chit made me laugh. I aint never seen a cat that could dish it out unless the dog that was on it was a straight up counterfeit. I had this yella cur gyp years back that would hit em so hard all you would see was a puff of fur and she weren't much more than 40 pounds. Seriously, they are a rabbit with claws.

Hydrogen peroxide is the best bet along with iodine. Yes peroxide if "overused" causes it to heal slower but still it will heal. 2 or 3 cleanings with it and you are mint. That being said I never use it. I squirt a lil iodine on whatever and call it a day.

Forgive me if I don't follow your advice on animal care. lol I just put it out there. You don't want it that's your business.

ATB

dusted a few ferals for a keeper that were plagueing his pens....cats are no match for a strong lurcher over here seconds and there gone but saying that ive seen some of what i thought were the hardest lurchers scream when a cats wrapped round its head but nevertheless cats are easy for any half decent lurcher

No big deal Mickey, your still my closest lurcher friend! I'm going to try out the salt wash. I've got salt on my radar for curing all sorts of things but I have not taken the time to do the research yet. That's the only thing holding me back on that one. Thanks for the tip.

Doesn't anyone use antibiotic cream that comes in a syringe with a plastic nozzle? Generally made for cows with mastitis. You can get it right into puncture wounds, and slather it on scratches. Treats the infection at source. I've used it for years on both scratches and punctures, and it is cheaper than a course of antibiotics, doesn't slow healing either. Get it from a hoss and cow vet.

• Like 2