Is Anyone Running Cats With Their Dogs?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you put hydrogen peroxide in a syringe and squirt it into the tooth holes three times a day for three days, that won't happen.

the most important thing to remember in regard of preventing infection is to get the wound as clean as posible as quickly as possible. clean water is as good as anything else, just flush as much as yo

I've had feral cat with a lurcher wicked enough animal and as much a pest as a fox if not more so

why is running cats allowed here under the hunting with dogs act?

you forget this a worldwide forum :yes:

he asks in Europe and GB is in Europe or it was mr Mod remember it world wide when it comes to coursing some countries still permit it

not all members who may wish to post may well not live in Europe though, coursing threads from any country in the world where it is legal are always welcome on the site, but just remember an Irish flag or stating pre ban is not fooling anyone but sadly that's not why most coursing threads are locked, more often than not its down to members needing to prove they have bigger testicles, faster dogs or better stud dogs, or just plain old jealousy

I stay well away from cat's if i can help it because i've seen the damage they can do with a bite. :bad:

Leiasrecovery007.jpg

Leiasrecovery009.jpg

WTF? That is gruesome. Nasty shit.

That's what can happen when your dog accidentally catches a cat, :yes: my bitch had the same on the inside of her leg, we thought she'd never run again but she proved us wrong. :thumbs:

Infection from the cats dirty mouth.

Edited by mintstick999

I would imagine they have some type of bobcat or lynx up in Norway, Finland, Sweden, etc. I have never been to Europe so there is so much I don't know about the area.

I saw that video of Andrew's (I forget his last name) in the lurchres as fox dogs thread before it was pulled off of U-Tube. I think it's for sale now. That was a pretty good bit of dog work. A pile of people crashed on it for the dogs not being hard enough while fighting the fox but ignored the work it took to get that fox found and stopped. To me that's crazy! I'll bet that guy catches more fox with those dogs than the hardest dogs around. Now if you've got both, no arguments here but the fight is pretty low on my priority list as long as they hold it. I'd rather do the killing and have good pelts than a hard dog shred a nice load of cash. That's just my position for what I do and I'd change that position if I were just doing it for sport. Fags, women and beta-males make most of the laws over there ( getting that way here too) so the real men have to sneak around and keep to themselves or face jail. Not a big deal if your single and have a place to park your dogs for a spell but get married and have even one child, and you don't live just for yourself any more, so that's out of the question.

Anyhow, enough of that. I'll take descriptions of work on fox also. They are not easy to run either. Not point and slip or lamping. I'm talking work 'em up and chase them down faster than a hound kind of stuff.

• Like 1

I stay well away from cat's if i can help it because i've seen the damage they can do with a bite. :bad:

Leiasrecovery007.jpg

Leiasrecovery009.jpg

WTF? That is gruesome. Nasty shit.

That's what can happen when your dog accidentally catches a cat, :yes: my bitch had the same on the inside of her leg, we thought she'd never run again but she proved us wrong. :thumbs:

Infection from the cats dirty mouth.

my pals dog had to have its leg off after same thing

If you put hydrogen peroxide in a syringe and squirt it into the tooth holes three times a day for three days, that won't happen.

That's interesting, :thumbs: wish my vet knew that he didn't have a clue really how to treat it. :cray: might of saved me some money. :thumbs:

I wish you would have ran into me here when that happened. Sorry to hear that about your dog. I dress a few cat caused wounds here each year along with a few bear wounds also. Our bobcats average around 35 pounds and I catch 40+ pounders every year. I have caught one cat several times over the last five years that goes over fifty but the dogs have never had to fight him. I've put him in a tree twice and a log pile once and had to pick the dogs up two other times for various reasons. There have to be three dogs in there on those bigger cats to hold them down or at least one of the dogs is going to get worked over pretty good. I usually sell the dogs that are to hard on them. I had a dog a while back that would pull bobcats (or anything else) apart. That's not good for the population and I'm a trainer so I want them alive to run again. I like them on the verge of being to hard and that's hard to find. The secret with fighting cats is for the dog to keep driving and squeeze the air out of the cat otherwise the cat will get over the back of the head of the dog and make trouble for the dog. The other problem is when they wade in without regard to where their limbs are and the cat will punish their legs as above. The most talented dog I've seen take cats knew how to swing it's body around and keep itself in good position to get the job done without taking much heat from the cat. It's not a usual thing to find a natural at this.

I hope I don't cause to much trouble here talking about this but I think there are a lot of guys who would like to have the government loosen up the reigns a little and get back to getting some animals on the pole and that includes catching them. It's a lot quicker demise than nature offers most animals that eventually starve to death if they reach an old enough age to get that end.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to seeing how the lurchers do it here and I have to say that I have not been as excited about new dogs since I first got into American Leopard Hounds!

• Like 2

he asks in Europe and GB is in Europe or it was mr Mod remember it world wide when it comes to coursing some countries still permit it

not all members who may wish to post may well not live in Europe though, coursing threads from any country in the world where it is legal are always welcome on the site, but just remember an Irish flag or stating pre ban is not fooling anyone but sadly that's not why most coursing threads are locked, more often than not its down to members needing to prove they have bigger testicles, faster dogs or better stud dogs, or just plain old jealousy

Sometimes they get deleted for no reason at all :yes:

Sometimes they get deleted for no reason at all :yes:

name that tune :laugh:

I wish you would have ran into me here when that happened. Sorry to hear that about your dog. I dress a few cat caused wounds here each year along with a few bear wounds also. Our bobcats average around 35 pounds and I catch 40+ pounders every year. I have caught one cat several times over the last five years that goes over fifty but the dogs have never had to fight him. I've put him in a tree twice and a log pile once and had to pick the dogs up two other times for various reasons. There have to be three dogs in there on those bigger cats to hold them down or at least one of the dogs is going to get worked over pretty good. I usually sell the dogs that are to hard on them. I had a dog a while back that would pull bobcats (or anything else) apart. That's not good for the population and I'm a trainer so I want them alive to run again. I like them on the verge of being to hard and that's hard to find. The secret with fighting cats is for the dog to keep driving and squeeze the air out of the cat otherwise the cat will get over the back of the head of the dog and make trouble for the dog. The other problem is when they wade in without regard to where their limbs are and the cat will punish their legs as above. The most talented dog I've seen take cats knew how to swing it's body around and keep itself in good position to get the job done without taking much heat from the cat. It's not a usual thing to find a natural at this.

I hope I don't cause to much trouble here talking about this but I think there are a lot of guys who would like to have the government loosen up the reigns a little and get back to getting some animals on the pole and that includes catching them. It's a lot quicker demise than nature offers most animals that eventually starve to death if they reach an old enough age to get that end.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to seeing how the lurchers do it here and I have to say that I have not been as excited about new dogs since I first got into American Leopard Hounds!

things like this don't go down well on here people seem to think a dog can only take a rabbit and at a push a fox and you need at least 20 dogs for something like a cat or a coyote but it's refreshing to hear someone that knows what they are talking about keep posting mate its good reading
  • Like 2