Newbie From Australia

Gday fellas I am from Victoria Australia and I am a very keen outdoorsman. I love hunting small game (Foxes 'Bunnies) with both rifle and shotgun I also enjoy ferreting and am a keen deer hunter as well. During the summer I do a lot of fishing and usually dont do much hunting due to too many snakes been active during that time of year. Autumn 'Winter and Spring time is what I call my hunting time. I found this forum last night due to the Australian hunting forum that I am a member of been down for upgrades. I have also been reading more about earth terriers and I am wanting to start taking my JRT's out in the field 'hence I was looking for a forum like this to read and learn from. I have been reading through some threads on here and I like what I see. Plenty of like minded hunters and dog owners sharing tips 'advice and the usual shit stirring :laugh: . I am keen to learn more about the smaller working dogs such as JRT's 'Patterdale's 'and JagdTerriers's.

Anyway that's enough from me 'ill be lurking through the threads and taking on all the tips and advice that are shared by others.

P.S

Dont mention the Ashes for christ sake

How you going mate. Welcome to the site. I am spending a year in Australia, been here since march this year. Currently living and working in Sydney. Trying to sort out and get into some hunting over this side of the world. Very much like youse of I am a small game hunter. Rabbits by ferret, long net, lurcher and rifle and foxes on the rifle too. Been busy fishing here and also took a trip over to Nz and did a bit over there too. Any pointer as to how to get involved this side would be great. Cheer mate.

How you going mate. Welcome to the site. I am spending a year in Australia, been here since march this year. Currently living and working in Sydney. Trying to sort out and get into some hunting over this side of the world. Very much like youse of I am a small game hunter. Rabbits by ferret, long net, lurcher and rifle and foxes on the rifle too. Been busy fishing here and also took a trip over to Nz and did a bit over there too. Any pointer as to how to get involved this side would be great. Cheer mate.

I take it that because your only over here for a certain amount of time you dont hold a NSW firearms license so hunting with a firearm is probably out of the question. The NSW government just took State Forest access off licensed hunters about a month ago so public land hunting is non existent at the moment in NSW. I dont really know many people up in NSW that run ferrets so I cant really give you any contacts unfortunately. If you are in the CBD today there is a public protest on that starts at 11.30am it starts at Hyde Park (Archibald fountain) and goes to the Sydney Parliament. The protest is about law abiding hunters been kicked out of state forest and their Game Council been abolished by the State Government. If you got along to that im sure there would be a few blokes that could get you onto some ferreters and point you in the right direction. If not have a look at this Australian hunting forum (Im on this forum) 'there are a few ferreters on there and a few fellas that run dogs as well. http://www.australianhunting.net/

Edited by OzTerrier

Ye your right, i haven't got a firearms licence that is valid over here. I was working out the city a bit today in Rockdale so didn't get to the park. I will have a look at that forum though thanks mate. Would love to see how things are done over here. I will probably travel around Australia before going home. Hopefully to see a bit more, and get a bit more hunting in. :)