Sign in to follow this  
Gaz_1989

Good Feed...

My lurcher lives on pigs heads! He gets a full one every other night mixed with other stuff! He's a big bull x but he can't do nothing with the pig jaw bone! It true was they say that pigs will eat anything must have some serious jaw strengh

bullx wont but i bet a beddy wippet would :laugh:

Cant get sod all like that near me the nearest Slaughter house is miles away, mind you gave the mutts the last deer legs we got and when the wife opened the kennels in the morning the lurchers trotting down the garden with a leg in it mouth and the excuse well a deer's got four legs ive only three dogs so there was a spare leg didn't wash

• Like 1

Night hunter i think your vet is getting mixed up with processed pork products containing additives that are harmful to dogs. Pork is a perfectly good source of protein. Its all just meat.

Pernod

Always told never to feed pork as dogs cant breakbit down due to ths acids in the meat. Vet even told me it would KILL a dog......

Tell the vet the only way fresh pork will kill a mutt is if the owner slaps it over the noggin with half a side of it.

• Like 7

Always told never to feed pork as dogs cant breakbit down due to ths acids in the meat. Vet even told me it would KILL a dog......

Tell the vet the only way fresh pork will kill a mutt is if the owner slaps it over the noggin with half a side of it.

...or jaw bone :laugh:

Alot of vets don't know what day it is when it comes to good nutrition mate.

• Like 1

Vets are never going to have a good word for quality gear like this when they're tryin to flog royal canin and the like for 40quid for a crisp packet full

• Like 9

There's alot of debate on feeding pork but mine love it which is handy as I'm hogroasting most weekends and have a steady supply of heads and trotters

Bacon can kill a dog , pork is fine.

Bacon won't kill a dog mate at all.

Fed every day as its only food source? It's not gonna do it any good.

But to say "bacon can kill a dog" where there are loads of newbies trying to learn is rediculous.

Variety is the key with feeding.

Mine gets a chicken chow mein or a bacon sarny regular and she doesn't look like she's dying...

80C00A57-0608-41F1-9B5C-FF6D6DF5D998-421

Ma dogs just stole 2 bits of bacon out the grill. How long does he have to live?? Ha ha.

Pernod

• Like 1

A few year ago at Xmas ,,as a family we went to Lapland for a few days to see Santa,,, one of the day trips whilst there was going out with a sled dog team,, and looking round the kennels where the huskies were living,,, I asked one of the mushers what they fed the dogs,,, he told me pork, as the high fat content was good for there energy levels.

• Like 3

Beef and Lamb with plenty fat on it is Great for the hounds.

Add small amounts of horse meat to that list and with quality biscut,veg,pasta,rice,supplementation in the right amounts and exercise they will be on fire.

• Like 1

Few old wives tales on this topic :laugh:

Processed meat will never be as good for dogs as fresh meat :no:

Dog looks happy Gaz :)

Are the pigs swill fed? they have the best taste :drink: