Good Feed...

My lurcher lives on pigs heads! He gets a full one every other night mixed with other stuff! He's a big bull x but he can't do nothing with the pig jaw bone! It true was they say that pigs will eat anything must have some serious jaw strengh

bullx wont but i bet a beddy wippet would :laugh:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vets are never going to have a good word for quality gear like this when they're tryin to flog royal canin and the like for 40quid for a crisp packet full

Tell the vet the only way fresh pork will kill a mutt is if the owner slaps it over the noggin with half a side of it.

I will ask her in the morning if she's been thirsty

Posted Images

Cant get sod all like that near me the nearest Slaughter house is miles away, mind you gave the mutts the last deer legs we got and when the wife opened the kennels in the morning the lurchers trotting down the garden with a leg in it mouth and the excuse well a deer's got four legs ive only three dogs so there was a spare leg didn't wash

• Like 1

Always told never to feed pork as dogs cant breakbit down due to ths acids in the meat. Vet even told me it would KILL a dog......

Tell the vet the only way fresh pork will kill a mutt is if the owner slaps it over the noggin with half a side of it.

• Like 7

Always told never to feed pork as dogs cant breakbit down due to ths acids in the meat. Vet even told me it would KILL a dog......

...or jaw bone :laugh:

Bacon can kill a dog , pork is fine.

Bacon won't kill a dog mate at all.

Fed every day as its only food source? It's not gonna do it any good.

But to say "bacon can kill a dog" where there are loads of newbies trying to learn is rediculous.

Variety is the key with feeding.

Mine gets a chicken chow mein or a bacon sarny regular and she doesn't look like she's dying...

80C00A57-0608-41F1-9B5C-FF6D6DF5D998-421

A few year ago at Xmas ,,as a family we went to Lapland for a few days to see Santa,,, one of the day trips whilst there was going out with a sled dog team,, and looking round the kennels where the huskies were living,,, I asked one of the mushers what they fed the dogs,,, he told me pork, as the high fat content was good for there energy levels.

• Like 2

Few old wives tales on this topic :laugh:

Processed meat will never be as good for dogs as fresh meat :no:

Dog looks happy Gaz :)

Are the pigs swill fed? they have the best taste :drink:

Cheers pal. I will find out if they are swill fed. I imagine they probably are. It's some good tasting meat. I aren't an amazing chef by any means but I did 2 big shoulders from the last lot, in a roasting tray, scored the fat and rubbed salt in to help make crackling. 1 litre of scrumpy over the shoulders, 2 oranges halved, 2 apples halved, loads of garlic, half a jar of honey squeezed over the joints and a few pinches of various herbs.

Cooked for an hour without foil, 3 hours with foil and then half an hour without.

Served with roasted parsnips, roasted carrots and dauphinois potatoes.

Invited a couple of friends around and they said it was the best meal they had ever had. It was out of this world. Now I'm hungry...

Doing the same tomorrow...

927412F1-167B-4C0E-ABFD-DFA2CD4055F9-730

• Like 2