Fitter Type English Bull Terrier

I don't suppose anyone needs to disclose where, but I know they are there, seen it and believe it, crAcking dogs with more heart than most could deal with. It's also credit to the breeder that not everyone knows about them or owns them. Stunning animals bred with good ethics.

in germany?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That Tinker belonged to an old school pal of mine from the mid 60's, and we still hunt together albeit at a slower pace. Tinker and Handy ( Red Hand of Ulster to give him his full name) were both bred

One for those interested in Wheatens... from the 1970s.... I had to crop it as the man in photo might not like it,,,    

No there was a wee dog from Limerick called "The Gallant Hendrix", Handy and Tinker, which were the only dogs of this breed I remember seeing certifying, which may be a contributing factor as to why t

Posted Images

The man wants a Bullterrier he's a grown man it's up to him he don't need people telling him what would suit him better and there's no reason a Bullterrier can't keep up with a man jogging for a few hours

I haven't offered any alternatives, of course it's up to him what he wants/gets.

My point is simply, if the unicorn existed in any quantity, being good at it's intended job wouldn't make it any more suitable for running with, simple as that.

Suitable to run with?

You're massively over thinking this,almost any dog can very easily run 6 miles a day when fit.

If the dog has a good stimulating life what's the problem?

to answer labs qwestion , i took her swiiming one day at the river cray as i always did with my other dog, the day after she was all drained and not her self so i took her to vets and they done test kept her in ,they said she having liver and kidney failer all organs breaking down court somthing from water got 24hr pull frew . that night i got a call 3 in morning to tell me they put her asleep coz hart stop a few times .

thanks for everones replys some good some not so lol .

anyway did not mean to start a war or upset anyone was just asking about a fitter type of dog athletic/healthy evan working type english bull terrier

that could join me on my runs. ]

everyone must agree that the show type could nerver run 6+ miles and be that active .most tend to be lazy bed dogs evan if conditiond they still resemble and built like the modden british bulldog not made to be athletic no more thats why im looking for the old type that more resemble the staffie build lean and athlectic but still a english bull teriier not a staff or nothing els but a true ebt .

thanks for replys again

• Like 1

I don't suppose anyone needs to disclose where, but I know they are there, seen it and believe it, crAcking dogs with more heart than most could deal with. It's also credit to the breeder that not everyone knows about them or owns them. Stunning animals bred with good ethics.

I think you living in a fantasy, if you believe there is any working straing of (English) Bull terriers.... name a known dog from any working line... Uk and Ireland is a small place for people in the know... there has never being a working strain...

Was there not a working English bull called the red hand of ulster

thanks for everones replys some good some not so lol .

anyway did not mean to start a war or upset anyone was just asking about a fitter type of dog athletic/healthy evan working type english bull terrier

that could join me on my runs. ]

everyone must agree that the show type could nerver run 6+ miles and be that active .most tend to be lazy bed dogs evan if conditiond they still resemble and built like the modden british bulldog not made to be athletic no more thats why im looking for the old type that more resemble the staffie build lean and athlectic but still a english bull teriier not a staff or nothing els but a true ebt .

thanks for replys again

mate pick what ever dog you want to its your money and your life, don't take the insults onboard the hunting life can be like some dogs a bit tempremental lol

• Like 1

Never heard of a working strain of Bull Terriers ? not in uk or Ireland...

look in j darcys dead game book youl see some

Any Bull terrier in the Dead Game book...where just individuals bull terriers from kc lines... I sent Darcy 90% of the photos that appeared in the book, along with the articles... I knew the bull terriers who photos where in the book ...and none where from any working line or strain....just show kc dogs...used at trials... nothing more...

• Like 2