Fitter Type English Bull Terrier

hi there i needed to put my bull terrier to sleep a few mothes back far to young just coming round to thinking i need to get another play mate for her sister that i also got .. i would love to get a fitter english bull thats more active .. im a personal trainer so would love the dog to come running the miles with me [bANNED TEXT] the breed of today could not do day in day out no probs ..

iv been reading up last month on fitter working lines and am having problems finding the propa old lines or fit active fit lines

iv herd Mr ingles name pop up a few times and iv also googled his work and they are lovly dogs what would fit right in with my bootcamps and jogging runs work but his websight dont work no more and i herd he had a turn in is yard so not sure his breeding anymore .

dose anyone no him or could put me in contact with him would love to talk and get some info see if his breed would suit me and my work/family life or do they no anyother breeder in uk of active fit lines not the show fat lines that cant run .

thanks for help

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That Tinker belonged to an old school pal of mine from the mid 60's, and we still hunt together albeit at a slower pace. Tinker and Handy ( Red Hand of Ulster to give him his full name) were both bred

One for those interested in Wheatens... from the 1970s.... I had to crop it as the man in photo might not like it,,,    

No there was a wee dog from Limerick called "The Gallant Hendrix", Handy and Tinker, which were the only dogs of this breed I remember seeing certifying, which may be a contributing factor as to why t

Posted Images

hi there liam i know the sight is trying to promote working breeds and im all for that .. i want a working english bull terrier not a fat show one so [BANNED TEXT] better place to look and get answers from the people who use them and in the know and what they can do insted of a show ring place that breeding the wrong type not the right old type

The trouble is the show types arnt exactly fat the thing I was getting at is your after a specific breed bred for a job yet you want one to take running With mo mention that your going to even work it. So just to save you all the trouble in all your searching why don't you get a dog from a pet home and use that for a jogging partner. I can't see a dog that's bred for work being any better for running a couple if miles a day or what ever than your basic pet

• Like 1

who said anything about giving me one im looking to buy ... and as for the collie lol had one as a boy not my cup of tea no more .

iv always loved english bulls and always wanted one then my partner bought home a staffy pup 3 years ago as a present for leaving the army .

best dog ever owend came running with me everyday no leads needed 6+miles for my work as said im personal trainer and x army para so not ur nomal jogger and she nerver missed a day nor nerver fell behind till she passed away aways in front not like the lazy pit/boxer i got whos only good for 20 mins then f++++k good dog just work shy no drive

so hear i am now wanting my dream dog my english bull but dont want a work shy one want one with drive and always ready to please and can go for miles like my old staffie

no qwit in it or slowing down in runs ..

thats why i was asking about mr lyndon ingles and othere woking lines because the show one could not cope how ever fit u try make it its got limatations and just not built to be that work horse no more been bred out of him like our sh+t bulldogs and the english bull is going the same way as that breed will be doomed in few years coz of the show people ..

Theres def old strains out there to be had. Especially in ireland

Where...? there was the odd Bull terrier at working trials back in the 1970s early 80s.... but just the odd individual from show bull terriers lines.. not from any working strain...

• Like 3

I don't suppose anyone needs to disclose where, but I know they are there, seen it and believe it, crAcking dogs with more heart than most could deal with. It's also credit to the breeder that not everyone knows about them or owns them. Stunning animals bred with good ethics.

• Like 1