Looking For A Welsh Hound

Hi all, i have been looking for a welsh hound for sale throughout the internet and havent found a thing. Would anyone be able to help me on where i can find one for sale or if they know of some please?

Many thanks

hi emma there is a rescue with two in at the moment if your still interested depending on the age of what your looking for.x

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry emma if anybody sell's you a welsh hound or any hound,they should be hung drawn and quartered,HOUNDS ARE NOT PETS AND THEY ARE NOT FOR CROSSING WITH ANY OTHER TYPE OF DOG,END OFF,not that you are going to cross it to a,spaniel, sheepdog ,lurcher ,terrier,pug or even worst a patterdale or a pointy faced wheaten cross,they are a pack animal and they all work in different ways,some hounds are good at finding,some are good at running the drag ,and the rest are good at marking him after ,because these hounds are different thats why they don't make as pets or as individual's,they are like a rubgy team all different, the welsh hound is a very deep scenting hound ,thats why so many of the engish and irish packs have introduced the breed into they're hounds :bye: hello, i have had hounds 26 years,and given hounds pups out to different packs,as it should be ,but i have never sold a pup ,AND THATS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE,sorry emma.

PS STEVE YOUR A WANKER LOL

No strong views then lol!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

i'm thinking of getting one and using as multi purpose hunting dog. retrieving shot birds, flushing etc

in the summer i'll so some agility and flyball activities with it,

:laugh: . I reckon 8 or 9 couple will do well on that fly ball :thumbs::laugh:

• Like 3

i'm thinking of getting one and using as multi purpose hunting dog. retrieving shot birds, flushing etc

raw that is much more pleasent than the reply i was exspecting from eather you or old dog

• Like 1

Yes but i'll start with one and build up, I'd like to make some money doing demonstrations at game fairs in the summer.

raw that is much more pleasent than the reply i was exspecting from eather you or old dog

Old Dog is supplying me with the pups for the flyball team. I want another one for drug sniffing at airports and i can sell it to customs .. i got it all worked out,

• Like 2

I've got a welsh hound pup at the moment, turning out to be the best dog we've ever had, even living as a pet!

I can't knock you for trying so I won't . Do you mind if I ask how old the pup is ? Also do you have any separation anxiety problems ?

The reason I ask is that a big part of what makes hound a good is the ability to want to be with the pack . I don't know what your situation is but I know that hound won't be a happy dog left at home alone while your at work. Your nieghbours won't be if it's vocal about it either. Do you also know that if you walk the hound off the lead that you run the risk of it being interested in a scent and disappearing .

I'm not saying it's impossible but I will say a good hound can't make a good pet .

Were did the hound come from ?

Was it OD ? :whistling:........................................ :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 3

The pup is 5 months at the moment, I walk him off the lead all the time and have managed to keep him attracted to me with treats :p not had any separation problems at all really, can go out for a few hours and he will just take himself to bed.

He's actually the best behaved dog I've ever known!

The only prey drive the boy has is for my bloody dinner!

The pup is 5 months at the moment, I walk him off the lead all the time and have managed to keep him attracted to me with treats :p not had any separation problems at all really, can go out for a few hours and he will just take himself to bed.

Thanks for answering my questions .

5 months is still pretty young I hope I'm wrong but you may have a different dog on your hands in a years time. good luck

• Like 1

Thanks for answering my questions .

5 months is still pretty young I hope I'm wrong but you may have a different dog on your hands in a years time. good luck

I know where your coming from, and my hope is that because we've had him from 8 weeks it will of curbed the bad behaviour that everyone is expecting. To be fully honest we're waiting a couple of months and getting a beagle to keep him company.