Lamping Foxes

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope.....but I once ran and killed on with a Siamese cat.....

This'll be fun ;-)

a fecking fox can turn on sixpence even with a fast dog preban theres no garuantes.

jamie only one way to find out , go out and try it :laugh:

just to add apbt are still legal to own in ireland so is lamping foxes :thumbs:

I'd totally agree with your first line Chid but that second line won't be the same if folk take it for granted and think they can do anything... Anywhere!

Mind what ye post..!!!

:thumbs:

jamie only one way to find out , go out and try it :laugh:

just to add apbt are still legal to own in ireland so is lamping foxes :thumbs:

I'd totally agree with your first line Chid but that second line won't be the same if folk take it for granted and think they can do anything... Anywhere!

Mind what ye post..!!!

:thumbs:

+1

• Like 1

save your self the frustration and take a bit of advice off here,..........you would be wasteing your time using this kind of dog for lamping foxes,.......

for one you will not catch unless taking stood still.....and secondly the dispatch wouldn't be as quick as a bigger dog , as the bigger dog has a better advantage of taking hold and finishing it.....

foxes are very fast at short distance and as said can turn very tightly and make a good dog look standard but then there are some what make dogs look great ......

you add your dog to the mix of running dogs then you can have a good possibility of having a decent fox dog...........

your dog might be more handy as a digging dog but that's another story......

• Like 1

im sure everyone is right id get some and lose some , but Bosun11 i dont get why you have a prob with the second line of wat Chid said its all legal over here , not trying to have a go just trying to understand ur point

I'm sure everyone is right I'd get some and lose some, but Bosun11 I dont get why you have a probLEM with the second line of what Chid said its all legal over here , not trying to have a go just trying to understand YOur point

Edited by Matt the Rat
To remove text talk!

thanks whippet 99 for your input , i have a bullx that im starting too this year and will prob make a better fox dog but i was just curious , id like to get bull x off my pit at some stage but there is no point unless he is working something so if he isnt fast enough for lamp , digging will be his last chance

If thares one thing I learnt over the years good bulls are intelligent extremly agile and versatile! So to say Thay would not manage unless standings not true, unless its a unfit fat hog ow a dog with no drive like a said you win some lose some the dog will soon click on to the best tactic for bagin some ;)

• Like 1