For Lamping Rabbits, .22Lr Vs .17Hmr

.22lr vs .17hmr  

44 members have voted

1. 1. For lamping rabbits.......

It is the same old story. You need the right gun for the job that you are doing and only you know the circumstances where you shoot.

.........................................................................................

:yes::thumbs:

• Like 1

i have a 22lr and a 22wmr one for close range and one for long works for me :thumbs:

Hi.

I have had a .22lr for 35 years but I have just got a wmr added to my ticket, not got a rifle yet but looking for another CZ. What range do you take rabbits at and what do you zero at, I'm thinking of using 30 Grain Hornady V max.

I've never had a problem with the .22lr but range is a problem now that the legs are getting a bit older.

DD

i have a 22lr and a 22wmr one for close range and one for long works for me :thumbs:

Hi.

I have had a .22lr for 35 years but I have just got a wmr added to my ticket, not got a rifle yet but looking for another CZ. What range do you take rabbits at and what do you zero at, I'm thinking of using 30 Grain Hornady V max.

I've never had a problem with the .22lr but range is a problem now that the legs are getting a bit older.

DD

I very rarely take out my WMR for rabbits, I find my HMR takes over on them when the .22lr runs out of legs. My WMR is used mainly for Canada geese and fox.

These days I tend to use Hornady 30g V-Max for virtually everything in it, accuracy is as close to the HMR as doesn't matter bearing in mind the bigger hole, but it is a fraction worse.

Zero on mine is 100yards, but that is because that distance suits my needs.

My CZ American WMR after a tiny bit of work.

post-10759-0-16074100-1376728610_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deker

Hi.

DD

I zero my wmr in at 100 yards with hornady 30 gr v-max and with a 1 mill dot hold over it will take rabbits all day to 160 yards no problem. I have a cz 452 lux, if your going to get a cz its a very good gun nice to shoot and light for carrying around atb.