Just wondering if anyone can help me..? :hmm:

When I came to this house it had as part of the 'outbuildings' (for want of a better word) a coal store. Its a great space, attached to the house perfect for all sorts of storage, without coal, which I still use.

I'm looking to source a coal bunker to put outside. Thing is, we have recently put down a new patio, on which the coal bunker will stand, next to the gas bottles, (rural life is damned expensive!) and because of that I'm looking to find a smart looking one to fit in.

Now, after searching the usual, ebay, gumtree and general Google searches, what I have found is....

It's either one of them plastic Titan jobbies which are ugly as sin.

Those galvo tinny ones that always are seen second hand and rusting and are noisy as feck.

Or some ugly concrete ancient, heavyweight one, buyer collects from Hastings or John O Groats..!

Oh and then wood, no no no..!

Now nice ones do exist, the local boozer has a cracker in the garden, concrete too (so I can't rob it!!). It's been there a good few years so no one has a clue to where it came from...

So my question is, where would I find a decent coal bunker maker or supplier, that can do both quality and smart lookin products..??? :blink:

When I came to this house it had as part of the 'outbuildings' (for want of a better word) a coal store. Its a great space, attached to the house perfect for all sorts of storage, without coal, which I still use.

I'm looking to source a coal bunker to put outside. Thing is, we have recently put down a new patio, on which the coal bunker will stand, next to the gas bottles, (rural life is damned expensive!) and because of that I'm looking to find a smart looking one to fit in.

Now, after searching the usual, ebay, gumtree and general Google searches, what I have found is....

Those galvo tinny ones that always are seen second hand and rusting and are noisy as feck.

Or some ugly concrete ancient, heavyweight one, buyer collects from Hastings or John O Groats..!

Now nice ones do exist, the local boozer has a cracker in the garden, concrete too (so I can't rob it!!). It's been there a good few years so no one has a clue to where it came from...

So my question is, where would I find a decent coal bunker maker or supplier, that can do both quality and smart lookin products..??? :blink:

and you got rid of all them yorky flags. Tut tut

For a very pretty penny... :yes:

Now, after searching the usual, ebay, gumtree and general Google searches, what I have found is....It's either one of them plastic Titan jobbies which are ugly as sin. Those galvo tinny ones that always are seen second hand and rusting and are noisy as feck. Or some ugly concrete ancient, heavyweight one, buyer collects from Hastings or John O Groats..! Oh and then wood, no no no..!

For a very pretty penny... :yes:
would have made a smart coal bunker should have kept 5. Hind sight and all that

Have you thought about building one or getting one built Bosun?

I have Mal, my cousins a bricky (good one too!) he could build me sommat no problem but then i'd have to put on a roof, sliding hatch etc...

Not that its a great hardship, I just wondered if I could first get sommat 'off the peg' so to speak.

:thumbs: