Its a way of getting one over on the customer though isnt it, most wont even realize just how much they are loosing,

its the same with all the food industry's box sizes ave gone smaller prices have gone up, but yet not many have noticed

there now getting less for their money.

• Like 2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a way of getting one over on the customer though isnt it, most wont even realize just how much they are loosing, its the same with all the food industry's box sizes ave gone smaller prices have g

plucks is the slaughter house term used for lungs , heart and the liver of whatever species your dressing out at the time, they are generally linked together dependant on what level of inspection you

Hope not that will fairly ramp the price up...

Its a way of getting one over on the customer though isnt it, most wont even realize just how much they are loosing,

its the same with all the food industry's box sizes ave gone smaller prices have gone up, but yet not many have noticed

So really if you still not to get a certain weight.. You have to buy more at a higher price..

I am actually boiling :laugh:

I never got a email mind I order over the phone had a dodgy pay pal incident..

I can get fairly cheap chicken mince from a local chicken factory but come is massive blocks ,its a pain and i like the red meats/Tripe that DAF supply..

Anyone tried bulmer pet food ?

http://www.bulmerdogfood.co.uk/frozen-meat-products/

Just rang them.. Dont deliver up my way :cray:

Furthest north is lancaster

I'm an hours drive before Lancaster so hopefully they should deliver to me, think i might try them when i next need to order

I go to preston once a week so could maybie meet them but its a f**k about..

will just have to pay the new prices or find alternative supplier ooop north

So really if you still not to get a certain weight.. You have to buy more at a higher price..

I am actually boiling :laugh:

I never got a email mind I order over the phone had a dodgy pay pal incident..

I can get fairly cheap chicken mince from a local chicken factory but come is massive blocks ,its a pain and i like the red meats/Tripe that DAF supply..

You can order direct from their online shop now, can either pay through card or paypal, although i don't think they have all the raw food on the site,

i always used to pay on delivery found it much easier that way.

• Like 1

Its now very difficult to get decent raw meat, I used to be able years ago to go to a local Knackery, and Abattoir, but that has all stopped, my Mate who races Greyhounds bought raw dog mince from a Butcher, I phoned the butcher and asked what was in it, he said stuff from the Abattoir and my own.

my mate bought some, and gave me a pound to try, the dog refused to eat it.

Ive yet to see Dog Beef mince that just contains Beef, theres usually offal in there as well.

Its now very difficult to get decent raw meat, I used to be able years ago to go to a local Knackery, and Abattoir, but that has all stopped, my Mate who races Greyhounds bought raw dog mince from a Butcher, I phoned the butcher and asked what was in it, he said stuff from the Abattoir and my own.

Ive yet to see Dog Beef mince that just contains Beef, theres usually offal in there as well.

the problem you've got to compete with is the fact that beef has the highest feed conversion rate of all the proteins, its the most expensive protein to grow to slaughter weight, as a result the pressure's on the processors to turn every possible ounce of the carcass into human food grade products, that way they increase the yield of the carcass into the highest value possible home available, pet food is the last stop in the revenue chain, if too much of the carcass is heading there, you wont be in business very long.

Used to have a butcher that done decent mince.. Could ate it yourself.. Used to watch him put it through mincer.. Old boy retired and the new guys mince was shit.. Full of allsorts even pork I think, it was funny colour and would turn fast even in the fridge :bad:

DAF stuff is right fresh never stinks

Any other meat suppliers in Scotland / North England ??

DAF Beef Chunks 4kg £8.40.

Ingredients

Whole beef chunks cut into fist size portions great for your dog to chew on

No artificial colour, preservatives, additives cereals or filers.

Typical Analysis

Protein 17%, oil 8%, moisture 71%,

Packed in the UK - CPH 12/031/8010 ABP/PTF/3

ANIMAL FOOD ONLY, NOT INTENDED FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION

anyone tried this product?

Yeah i dont know what part of the cow it is mate lol...

Its lumps of meat quite bit of white fat - conextive tissue ?? Not sure what it is, looks like its spikey - like a hedgehog or something..

I have apicture on my Iphone if you pm me your number I will txt it to you.. Or I will get my lass to put it on the computer for me tomorrow..

I wont get it again 2 out of four of mine never ate it..

Chunks vary in size some size of your thumb and some the size or a fist..