DAF, say this is a good seller offal based Lamb and Beef plucks

am i right plucks are from the lungs, any good as a feed?

Have used DAF in the past, those that do, how you finding the product?

and what range does your dogs do best?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a way of getting one over on the customer though isnt it, most wont even realize just how much they are loosing, its the same with all the food industry's box sizes ave gone smaller prices have g

plucks is the slaughter house term used for lungs , heart and the liver of whatever species your dressing out at the time, they are generally linked together dependant on what level of inspection you

Hope not that will fairly ramp the price up...

I use DAF and cant fault them mate...

Used minced Chicken,Beef,Lamb, Tripe +Chicken, Choice chunks, Tripe.

Going to place order and give the chicken feet and lamb ribs ago this time as well as my normal minces..

Used the minced ofal but recon meat would just be better..

I just think its easy as it comes in 1lb blocks it fits in freezer perfect and easy to defrost.

Years ago I used lungs for butcher "lights" I think its called... may be wrong lol had all the tubes and that attached.. Maybe i never gave enough other stuff but they were dropping weight..

Let us know how you get on mate :thumbs:

I used them for the 1st time this month . The heart/beef mince mix the dogs refused to eat raw , even cooked they just picked at it . And the tripe they weren't to keen on either , and they usually wolf tripe down .

I don't know if its the freshness of it or what but I don't think I'll order again . Maybe I just got a bad batch .

So far Drax is reluctant to eat the mince chicken and the mince turkey - he will eat it eventually, but not enthusiastic about it,

he does love the meaty mince though, but cant give him to much of it as its mostly red meat,

the lambs half heads were a complete hit with him and the other dogs, would defiantly order them again.

What I'm doing is ordering different ones each month, to find out what he likes and what he don't,

that way in the future i wont waste money buying food he's not going to touch.

robadoo my adult dogs were never keen on the tripe either.

From the last email off DAF there reducing the size of their products soon as well, from 20 per box to 15 per box

don't think price is going to lower either.

plucks is the slaughter house term used for lungs , heart and the liver of whatever species your dressing out at the time, they are generally linked together dependant on what level of inspection you have to perform for that paticular species at point of slaughter, hence the term "plucking" it out of the animal at time of dressing the carcass.

no idea of Daf products unfortunately, but mainstream pet foods contain an element of the above, along side a lot of other shite....literally.

Edited by jonah.
  • Like 1

From the last email off DAF there reducing the size of their products soon as well, from 20 per box to 15 per box

Edited by Giro
  • Like 1

the whole of the meat industry is and has been going through some fairly tough times with feed and energy prices, prices are going one way and wont be returning down , ever.

the kind of increase stated above though, is not inline with the rest of the industry, that'd work out to over 25% cost increase.

Just had a look at the new prices and for minced chicken for 15 it will be £8.55 compared to old price for 20 £10.60

Dear Customer

You the customer have been asking and we have been listening, as you are looking for more variety we have deicide to make our boxes smaller instead of selling in boxes of 20’s we are looking to down size to boxes of 15’s, the change will start to take place in the next couple of weeks,

The products we are changing are as follows

Product Name

Old Box Size

NEW Box Size

Minced Heart

12 x 454g/1lb

15 x 454g/1lb

Minced Chicken

20 x 454g/1lb

15 x 454g/1lb

Minced Chicken & Liver

20 x 454g/1lb

15 x 454g/1lb

Minced Chicken & Tripe

20 x 454g/1lb

15 x 454g/1lb

Minced Turkey

20 x 454g/1lb

15 x 454g/1lb

Minced Venison

20 x 454g/1lb

15 x 454g/1lb

Minced Pheasant

20 x 454g/1lb

15 x 454g/1lb

Minced Duck

20 x 454g/1lb

15 x 454g/1lb

Minced Rabbit

20 x 454g/1lb

15 x 454g/1lb

Minced White Fish

12 x 454g/1lb

15 x 454g/1lb

Minced Oily Fish

12 x 454g/1lb

15 x 454g/1lb

Minced Best Tripe

20 x 454g/1lb

15 x 454g/1lb

Minced Tripe

20 x 454g/1lb

15 x 454g/1lb

Minced Tripe & Oily Fish

20 x 454g/1lb

15 x 454g/1lb

Minced Tripe & Heart

20 x 454g/1lb

15 x 454g/1lb

Choice Chunks

20 x 454g/1lb

10 x 454g/1lb

Mixed Raw Beef Bones

5kg

4kg

Mixed Raw Lamb Bones

5kg

4kg

Mixed Raw Pork Bones

5kg

4kg

Diced St-Lamb

5 x 1kg

3 x 1kg

Diced St-Tripe

5 x 1kg

3 x 1kg

Diced St-Beef

5 x 1kg

3 x 1kg

Once these changes have been completed we will look at changing the Beef & Lamb products too hopefully everything will be in the same size box for easy storage.

As with all raw meat suppliers we still have the constant battle with the raw food going for human consumption export with this and the annual increase’s of wages, fuel, electricity, etc we have no option but to pass some of these costs on, I’ve attached a new menu with up to date box sizes to this e-mail (if you can’t open it let us know) the new prices will start Monday 19th August, if we change the box size before this date the price per lb will re-main the same until the 19th, we still very much believe in value for money with the raw feeding compared to other diet’s, we are very optimistic about moving forward as more and more dog even cat owners are learning & seeing the benefits of feeding naturally (Raw meat and Bone). We have tried to keep these price increases to a minimum and as always we will continue to move forward, and consistently strive to supply a top class product and service for you, we look forward to working with you in the future, and thank you for your continued support.

Seems fairly steep..

I buy in 100lb some times more..

100lb is 5 boxes, with there changes I would loose a box and a 1/4 of one...

If thats the case I will get my stuff else where..

I dont mind a price rise but not to get less product for my money ..

Bit shit :cray:

• Like 1