Hi guys, My 16 month old Patt has been house trained since she came to us just over 8 weeks and apart from the odd accident has been fine. The last few weeks though she has let herself down almost nightly both big and small. lol. Her diet has been consistent and I am doing nothing radical with exercise, she is fit and healthy and has had her booster when the vet told me she is in excellent health. I also stand outside with her every night to make sure she empties herself but she seems to be holding more than her size. She is like a Tardis!

It seems to be like she is just being lazy or perhaps playing up for some reason I haven't yet worked out. I could be missing something obvious so please any ideas welcome as my wife is up first with the baby and finds a load of mess which means I am getting my ear bent.

Thanks

Pat

Due in season? or could something be disturbing her during the night.

Would look at investing in a crate for the mean time as most wont soil their beds and go back to basics with her,

if she still does it in her crate would ask the vet just to check a urine sample just to rule out any medical problems.

Hi guys, My 16 month old Patt has been house trained since she came to us just over 8 weeks and apart from the odd accident has been fine. The last few weeks though she has let herself down almost nightly both big and small. lol. Her diet has been consistent and I am doing nothing radical with exercise, she is fit and healthy and has had her booster when the vet told me she is in excellent health. I also stand outside with her every night to make sure she empties herself but she seems to be holding more than her size. She is like a Tardis!

It seems to be like she is just being lazy or perhaps playing up for some reason I haven't yet worked out. I could be missing something obvious so please any ideas welcome as my wife is up first with the baby and finds a load of mess which means I am getting my ear bent.

Thanks

Pat

what and when are you feeding her pal?

Hi Mate, usually feed BARF with a little bit of quality dry when I am unable to get any. I usually feed around 8 in the morning and may give them a small meal late afternoon depending on how much exercise we do. It has always been this way so like I say nothing has changed in her routine.

Edited by redpat1

She has had a check at the vets and all is well, she is in excellent health.

Now I have to confess to being a complete muppet. I bought in a new running dog pup several weeks ago but because they all settled in together like old friends with no trouble at all I didn't put it all together.

I am pretty sure she has been doing it since around that time. What do you guys reckon, would that be the cause?

No silly comments please, I have had a lot on the go recently and sometimes you cant see the woods through the trees.

Cheers Gents

Pat

It could be stress mate? You know how sensitive the fairer sex are :yes:

Yes mate, I do! Perhaps she has not had enough of my attention. I have bought in the pup, had a couple of kit litters both of which have diverted my attention from her a bit.

We will have to get together soon.

Pat

Erm...are you sure its not the pup making the mess?

No Rob, when I say pup she is a year old. The mess is definitely terrier brand and size, the shite itself is different as the lurcher wont eat barf only dry.

Cheers

Kennel wise, all the ground has been dug out and levelled, just waiting on my brother-in-law to find the time to build the pen and lay the floor. So once completed all of my girls will be living out, that will be an end to it once and for all. Unfortunately the guy doing the work is rammed with paying customers and as he is charging me sod all I will just have to bide my time until he has a spare moment.