I have had terrier's done over the year's through medical problem's but never a lurcher..so i know it's a basic operation and the terrier's are up and running pretty quick..

Does anyone on here who has had there running dog spayed have any info on the recovery period and how long did you do the lead walking..

Cheer's :thumbs:

Edited by Millet

Stitches out after 5 to 7 days. lead walk for a week after that. Then introduce free running gradual. Be back to normal within a month to 6 weeks imo. Had 2 done and both have been back to full working mode within that time. :thumbs:

• Like 1

2) Exercising your dog after dog spaying:
It takes 10-14 days for skin wounds to heal after surgery; even longer for the linea alba wounds to heal. It is therefore recommended that running-around exercise be avoided or minimized for a minimum of 2 weeks after surgery to allow the skin the best chance of staying still and healing. Restrictingyour dog's exercise will also reduce the risk of a large seroma forming (section 6b) andreduce post-operative spay-site pain.

It does however depend on how the site is healing as some dogs can react to the internal stitches.

2) Exercising your dog after dog spaying:

It takes 10-14 days for skin wounds to heal after surgery; even longer for the linea alba wounds to heal. It is therefore recommended that running-around exercise be avoided or minimized for a minimum of 2 weeks after surgery to allow the skin the best chance of staying still and healing. Restrictingyour dog's exercise will also reduce the risk of a large seroma forming (section 6b) andreduce post-operative spay-site pain.

It does however depend on how the site is healing as some dogs can react to the internal stitches.

:victory:

Out of like's ..many thank's folk's.. :yes:

depends on the age and condition of the bitch, and also why you have her spayed (if it is because she is ill for example she will take longer to heal) but somewhere between 6-8 weeks is pretty normal. personally i had two bitches done in the past and both were on house rest for about a fortnight, then about a month next to the bike before free running. mine both showed a tendency to putting on weight easily after, but easily managed by changes to diet and exercise.

• Like 1