Got Two Patterdale X Jack Russell X King Charles Spaniel Pups Im Hoping To Use For Bushing

You taking the piss ain't you lol king Charles x pmsl wtf that going to add to the mix haha

bit of a unnecessary comment if you ask me, good could come from the two dogs above.

To the op, im not sure if the king charles is a popular x with terriers but cockers and springers are. They may work just as well as the other spaniel crosses. Bring them into right and you never know mate.

All the best, keep us updated!

I used to work our lass's cockapoo, great bushing dog [better than alot of purpose breed dogs i,v seen] very steady, good on the rats, even went to ground and worked to hand signals, so theres always hope, take it out with another dog already bushing and see how it goes, we dont all have the luxury of a beagle X russel and the like, some of us have to make the best of what we'v got, the terrier blood in there might see you through and the other blood might have a calming influence, there again it could all go tits up, but if you,v got the dog anyway give it a go you,v nowt to lose, atb, buster.

• Like 3

To be fair only ones i have seen have been pug nosed out of shape

You taking the piss ain't you lol king Charles x pmsl wtf that going to add to the mix haha

bit of a unnecessary comment if you ask me, good could come from the two dogs above.

To the op, im not sure if the king charles is a popular x with terriers but cockers and springers are. They may work just as well as the other spaniel crosses. Bring them into right and you never know mate.

All the best, keep us updated!

To be fair mate I thought this was one of them piss take threads tbh i still do! Edited by Bazil brush
  • Like 1
Guest foxpack

you can only try them mate ,,could be world beaters ,good luck and keep us posted ..same as everything mate ,not all dogs make the grade ,seen some shite beagles and beagle xes over years ,all the best

• Like 1

I take your point about gogley eyes but I don't think cavs will be as useless as people think years ago the west yorks branch of the fell and moorland had to dig two cavs out of an earth after they had become stuck and plummer recon he was using a pack for bushing

• Like 1

I take your point about gogley eyes but I don't think cavs will be as useless as people think years ago the west yorks branch of the fell and moorland had to dig two cavs out of an earth after they had become stuck and plummer recon he was using a pack for bushing

there is not a single thing that one of them can do in the field that dozens of purpose bred dogs can't do 100 times better. If you already have one as a pet, I can see why you might get it out with the other dogs, just for entertainment purposes or to give your little mutt a run....but to buy one for any sort of work, or to including it in the breeding of a working dog is just ridiculous beyond belief.

• Like 1

Aye. . . . but plummer reckoned a few things . . . . .

wasn't he the one that said put sticks in your trouser legs so if a badger bites you it'll let go when it hears the sticks snap? :laugh: or am I thinking of someone else?

wasn't he the one that said put sticks in your trouser legs so if a badger bites you it'll let go when it hears the sticks snap? :laugh: or am I thinking of someone else?

I'm not sure mate. . . . . but I wouldnt be suprised!