A Good Jacket

Looking for advice on a good jacket for this coming winter, I currently have a wax barebour but its heavy and not very easy to move in though, in looking for something 100% waterproof, breathable and something a lot easier to function in, I was thinking of maybe some type of berghuas or something

Looking for advice on a good jacket for this coming winter, I currently have a wax barebour but its heavy and not very easy to move in though, in looking for something 100% waterproof, breathable and something a lot easier to function in, I was thinking of maybe some type of berghuas or something

If you do go for Berghuas get one made out of their AQ2 material, i,v got 2, 1 is gortex and the other their own AQ2, the AQ2 is half the price and just as good, its never let water in even when i,v had it on all day in wet weather on a motor bike, atb, buster.

All of the goretex gear makes you sweat whilst working hard because you sweat more than the membrane can deal with. The membrane works by moving your sweat vapour to the outside layer of the jacket. So whilst working you are effectively wearing a plastic bag. The only water proof gear that can move the vapour quick enough is paramo. It is superb gear. But it is not hard wearing and will rip to pieces, you can stitch it up and it will remain waterproof, in brambles and thorns.

I got a Aigle Jacket about 9/10 years ago.. Was reduced from £200 odd to £120 ..

Its still waterproof.. Its fairly light but warm.. In winter on right wet cold nights I just wear a vest under this coat..

Loads of pockets and pockets fold out and have them elastic that holds shells if thats your thing..

Big game pocket at back or mabie for ventaltion.. Can get 3 rabbits in there or a hare !!

Its had a few rips but it came with a bit of material.. And I just glue it over the tares..

Best Coat I have evey had.. f***ing stinks tho but thats the smell of success lol