I Love It When A Plan Comes Together!

got up at 5 this morning to go after some rabbits and squirrels. after a quick walk in the quarry where i saw plenty of rabbits and missed two :icon_redface:, i went to a wood where i have put a squirrel feeder. its only been up a few days and the squirrels have found it already. so i waited for a bit but then i remembered that the squirrels round here are lazy buggers and dont get up till 7 ish so i went for a gander until then. on my gander i managed to get a rabbit

IMAG0021_zps5e45d6fc.jpg

then after more mooching i decided to go back to the squirrels. as i got near i saw a squirrel on the ground. so i tried to get closer to it but it was not having any of it and went up a tree and into a hole. so i sat near the tree and waited. as i was waiting i heard a noise. so i had a look around and saw that there was a squirrel on my feeder. so i decied to get a little closer and luckily it didnt see me and i sent a pellet its way and it dropped to the ground.

IMAG0023_zps41479c66.jpg

IMAG0022_zps072c6a6d.jpg

my feeder wont win any beauty contests as ime sh*t at D.I.Y but the squirrels like it and thats all that matters

IMAG0025_zps44211369.jpg

IMAG0026_zps52ae0b73.jpg

the final bag :thumbs:

IMAG0027_zpsfd8d6039.jpg

Edited by bushing lad
  • Like 3

For me if i was going out that early anyway i would have a couple of fens set under that feeder

i do have some cage traps which when set always catch squirrels. i caught 9 squirrels earlier this year with them in a little wood nearbye and thats a good haul round here as they are pretty scarce. but i prefer to shoot them if posible :thumbs:

Aye but if im doing something like that its belt and braces for me traps and shooting maybe as i can get 50 pence a squirrel tail of the fly tires and only 30 pence a rabbit

Aye but if im doing something like that its belt and braces for me traps and shooting maybe as i can get 50 pence a squirrel tail of the fly tires and only 30 pence a rabbit

ive thought about selling them before but wouldnt know where to sell them to. though ive heard of a fly fishing website that buys them i think :thumbs:

Aye you can eat them and sell the tails real handy animal :laugh::laugh:

The fly tires are work take all the bits and bobs off me it all adds up at the end of the year one guy wants rabbits tails for pollinating his tomatoes . Even if theres no cash changing hands there owe you a favor

Aye you can eat them and sell the tails real handy animal :laugh::laugh:

The fly tires are work take all the bits and bobs off me it all adds up at the end of the year one guy wants rabbits tails for pollinating his tomatoes . Even if theres no cash changing hands there owe you a favor

ye i dont eat them me self as ime not reyt keen on them but the terriers love them but their only a small meal and they take the p*ss to skin haha :laugh: