Ferret Going Bald

I have a jill around 8 year old she has not taken a season this year But is going bald It started around the belly and is spreading all over Checked her fot fleas and ticks and the skin is not red or raw from scratching The other 7 ferrets seem to to be all fine two of which were in with her I am hoping it is a hormone think like when the hobs tail goes baldy like a rats rail I am taking her to thwe vet on Friday in the mean time any one ever had this Sammy

Aye my older jills went like this every year they dont come into season but the hormones causes there hair to fall out , didn't bother them one bit they lived till they where 12 years old the hair comes back in with the darker nights and they looked fine till the next spring . They just slept a lot but still liked a odd day out

Thank you for the replies The vet phone the vet that loos after ferret hamsters etc is on leave The One I so say you are not far of the mark all you have said sound similar to my ferret .Coney man can see where you are coming from as it was my first thought that the protein was too high I had cut her back on the chicken and was mixing ferret meal .Guess it is one of them cases just wait and see she does not seem to be suffering in any way and is bright A bit hard to waken sometimes but to be expected at her time of life Thanks again lads

Sammy