What A Place For A Fight...

... Not long got from the beach, tide was in, was launching the ball out to sea for Duke the reject (Wheaton/Grey x Bull/Grey) he loves the ball, will stop at nothing to get it, I use him to exercise Oscar (Whippet/Grey x Deerhound/Grey) he won't chase a ball, but he'll chase another dog. . Was going good, they were running to a point where they had to swim back, after half a dozen throws the two feckers only set about each other with vengence. . I was waist deep before thinking, broke the launcher on them trying to seperate, no good, by the time I pulled them apart they was submerged, literally and still going for gold! . . Duke copped it on the leg and Oscar on the muzzle, proper gutted. . What a place for a fight. . Nightmare.

Anyone else experienced a fiasco like that ??

• Like 1

In the middle of a pub but it was a cocker and a terrier just stopped in for a pint after shooting sat down with a pint dogs lying on my jacket the old dear behind the bar brought out two biscuits for them as she has done since they were pups as she walked away all hell broke loose couple of quick snaps at each other terrier grabs the cocker bye the ear and won't let go cocker was screaming the pub down me rolling about the floor trying too separate them terrier finally let go after scurffing the terrier and lifting it cocker spun round and had a hold of its leg finally let go got cocker scruffed in one hand terrier in the other and after 2 mins of growling both licking each other not a drop of blood anywhere what a mission it is when dogs start fighting

• Like 2

Had a few scraps.. Fecking pain in the arse :yes:

Had one ending up booted my pal in the shin so he was rolling around on the deck screaming :laugh:

Had a fawn bitch looked like a seasoned fox dog.. Poor thing had never seen a fox :laugh:

I just keep my old white bitch away from everything now..

Has no tolerance for dogs getting in her space he decked out pug which was no threat to her..

Always was fine in the feild when she kicked off it was warm sunny days out a walk or in the garden.

I had to put her in a box in the van most of the time she was ok it was just not worth the risk..

At a trade fair displaying the shepherds huts I make, the terrier set about the jrtxwhip for no apparent reason. Was a hell of a job to part them, had to choke the terrier off in the end with everyone watching. One of those moments when you just wish the ground would swallow you up!

• Like 1

Had this happen to me a while back. My dogs 4 and has always been a bit wary of other dogs but has lamped and ferreted with quite a few without problems, and doesn't need to be put on the lead if someone comes along dog walking. Went ferreting with a guy off here with no problems till we had our first rabbit, which was put on the floor near his whippet bitch. Mine went for a sniff and I tried to grab him by the scruff of the neck to stop him and 3 seconds later the whippet was squealing with 2 holes in her throat and a nasty tear in her chest. Mine just picked her up, shook her and tossed her aside, it was the most embarrassing thing thats happened with him and cost me 70 quid in vets bills. Im sure it was my fault for grabbing his scruff but it's left me in a position where I wouldn't go out hunting with another dog he didn't know just in case, though I take him out bushing with my sons terrier all the time with no problems when a catch is made.

Have you owned wheaten Xs bazil? Genuine question.

Been around alot of them pal for alot of seasons one half of the lads I hunted with owned bull x the othere wheaten, the wheaten x's are from a good line not scatter bred crap! there good dogs to be fair just not as steady as a bull x I know theres some nut jobs in both x's but it dont take much to make a wheaten x snap. All the ones I have seen have been brought up buy descent lads. They get very possesive over a kill and Will fight if anything else so much as sniffs it. It might of been possive over the tennis ball thats why they faught. However there all not the same there's some steady ones that I have seen i'd be happy to of kennel.

my patterdale bitch started a fight with my staffy the staffy pinned her the staffy walked away the pat jumped up and tried again the staffy

pinned again i broke it up and put pat away in kennel the other day i let them out together and the pat started again the staffy backed off and wasn't interested lol

hard as f**k them patterdales :laugh: