Be Careful Who You Trust

My dogs food bowls and water bowls are designed so they are spill proof but that's bye the bye ... At the end of the day the fella must be gutted that his bird has been left to die BU I would have rung the fella at least once to ensure my bird was ok .........

• Like 2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've always said you can choose your mates but not your family.

never expect anything from anyone,and when they do let you down.you wont be suprised. sorry to hear that about your bird though mate,seriously bad craic that. I always give the same response to anyo

Dogs are different from birds where water is concerned I'd say. You could leave enough water for a week if you want but the dog could spill it the minute you leave. f**k knows why there's a debate her

Doesn't matter if it goes through 100ml or a litre the boy was asked to feed and water it and he didn't. c**t!!!!!

yeah true mate no doubt the lads a c**t and has f****d up but with the weather the way it was a big bowl of water which it should of had any

way and the owl might be alive .

owls get moisture from the meat they eat......... :thumbs:
But surely wouldn't let itself die of dehydration if a big bowl of water was available?
So what's your point. Should he have left a big bucket of water and leave it for the weekend ffs!!! When you have animals/birds and you go away you have to rely on friends/family. I'm sure it never crossed the boys mind that his cousin would be such a lazy b*****d!!

This post is to Torchey by the way.

Obviously his cousin is a c**t i,m not debating that, were talking about a weekend away [2 f***ing days] even leaving my ferrets for a weekend there would be food and water to last that long just incase i was let down

I can see why a few of you dont understand why I left water or food. The bottem line being, my cousin is around my house 3-4 times a week. always got the owl on the fist. He held her more than me. She was my Mrs bird really. So when I asked him to feed her it didnt for one tiny second, cross my mind that he wouldnt do it. Simple as that. Also owls dont really drink like other animals. As stated by someone already on this post, they get moisture from their food. They dont really drink water. A real harsh lesson has been learnt. Another thing, my cousin isnt exactly young, hes definitely old enough to klnow better. Hes a 32 year old father of 3.

• Like 1

How did she starve to death in 2 days surely she should of been carrying enough weight for that not to happen as in this heat she wouldn't be dropping much on a night

I thought exactly the same mate. Normally the colder months there is a higher risk, but I think like any animal, the over heating had an effect on her hydration and over worked her body in that sense. She is free lofted with an indoor brick house, with a hatch that allows her to pass in or out. A setup she is very used to. It was the one thing that was puzzling me because there was somewhere she could go that would be cooler of a night. I will never know. I feed her every night before I get my head down when she is fully awake. I fed her the Thursday night. I left it to him for the Friday and Saturday. I got back Sunday so Id be able to feed her myself. When I got back, she was barely conscious.

never trust anyone. I asked a mate too look after the hens once. what happened? 1 dead, no eggs, no water and not a scrap of food! he even had the cheek to hatch the eggs!!!!! If I had to look after another of my mates hens and one of the birds died I would feel awful, even if it was a natural death and I would leave the eggs for him!