Be Careful Who You Trust

Came home from a weekend away in Wales with the Mrs and my little girl. Before I left I asked my cousin to pop in Friday and Saturday to feed our Barn Owl. Sadly he didnt bother. We got home today and I went to check her asap to see everything was fine. I found her on the floor in her mews struggling to stand up. She looked too late for the vet so I got her on the kitchen side and got out 2 syringes. One for water and the other I used to try and feed her blitzed chicken from the blender.

It was too late though, she couldnt swallow a thing and soon died. You can imagine how I felt. I partly blame myself because I should have double checked hed been round but you expect a family members word to be gospel. Obviously not so. So be careful who you trust. Im livid! The weather has been baking hot so she basically got cooked and starved to death. Thats the bit that makes me very very angry. We can all deal with old age but pure laziness is a real bitter pill to swallow!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've always said you can choose your mates but not your family.

never expect anything from anyone,and when they do let you down.you wont be suprised. sorry to hear that about your bird though mate,seriously bad craic that. I always give the same response to anyo

Dogs are different from birds where water is concerned I'd say. You could leave enough water for a week if you want but the dog could spill it the minute you leave. f**k knows why there's a debate her

I know where you're coming from, several years ago when me and the missus went off for a week we asked one of her family members to feed our dogs and make sure one gets his medication.

He fed them filled the water up but didn't bother cleaning the bowls. We had the tablet's mapped out on a tray with am and pm written beside them. Not exactly rocket science. Came home no tablet's given I was livid and excuses were made for the family member. The dog was scratching away till he bled. It took a few days for the meds to work and applying anti-histamine cream.

They now go to reputable kennels. Never again will I ask anyone to loowk after them.

Aw mate Im sorry to read this, I have trusted family to look after my garden/animals before and you just wouldn't think they'd let you down. I'd be gutted but you cant knock yourself too much, we've all trusted others to do things for us on occasion. Man I'd be so pissed. Really sorry for you buddy.

i would deff go round to his house with dead bird, and say to him it died slow+painful death+no food+water.Just come round to give you 2nd part of its death=pain then kick him hard in the balls. :yes:

• Like 3

It's only my brother or my mum and dad who look after my animals, there the only ones who babysit the kids too.. I struggle to trust people with anything precious..

• Like 1

It knocked me sick to be honest. Ive never used her for flying or anything cos Barnys are a doddle and more of a house thing. The Mrs was very close to her and reared her from a ball of fluff. Luckily a friend looked after my dog and other bird! I text him as soon as she died with a picture of her dead on the kitchen side and said he wants to hope I calm down because I am on the verge of kicking his back gate off and putting one in his dogs head!

It knocked me sick to be honest. Ive never used her for flying or anything cos Barnys are a doddle and more of a house thing. The Mrs was very close to her and reared her from a ball of fluff. Luckily a friend looked after my dog and other bird! I text him as soon as she died with a picture of her dead on the kitchen side and said he wants to hope I calm down because I am on the verge of kicking his back gate off and putting one in his dogs head!

It's not his dogs fault mate, it's him that deserves the slap...

• Like 3