Hi

Here are some pictures of my effort at making quad sticks

Materials - one seven foot white oak plank

Stainless Steel M5 and M4 nuts n bolts

Leather (from a pair of old loafers) to quieten the "clack" of the sticks and also to protect the stock of the rifle

some para cord

some silicone spray (waterproofing)

oak1.jpg

oak2.jpg

oak3.jpg

oak4.jpg

oak5.jpg

they work a treat - am really glad I made them

Andrew

• Like 1

That set up is a nightmare bud, you will find out when you start using them more. Good craftsmanship though and better than buying, especially when you use them to get one. They are ideal for stationary shooting (although a Thumb stick will do the job too), but leave them in the wagon, when you move around! Just my opinion, from experience.

Bloody good effort Andrew and I like the attention to detail. As already said set the distance they open with a bit of para chord and look at someway of attaching a carry strap so you can throw them over your shoulder.

I tested a set of quads out the other night and couldn't believe how stable they were. Albeit a bit of a handful.

I am going to put a set together when I get some thin carbon tube and a bit of time.

Here's some sticks I made from old Carp poles.

null_zpsa392c59d.jpg

null_zpsfbde2c5f.jpg

null_zps07c9ba87.jpg

null_zpsdd1fc310.jpg

null_zps3eda53c6.jpg

Atb

Nice one Moxy - I am impressed as to how very stable the quad sticks are too :)

I like your stainless steel components - they look robust. I already placed a bit of para cord between the fore and aft sticks to brace them, but a carrying sling sounds like a good idea too.

I noticed you have steadying spikes on the base of your sticks there, I too had some 1/4 inch thick, 1 inch protruding spikes on the bottom of my quad set, but when I was out, I found that they gripped the ground and vegetation "too well" and moving them about quickly and without noise became really difficult, secondly they "clicked and clacked" an unnatural sound if they touched a stone or a bit of flint. So I removed them and made a point in the wood stick - works better, nice and quiet and just as grippy so far ;)

Andrew

• Like 1

You can't beat quality components. No point in doing the job twice.

I only made them last week and tried them a couple of times with results I'm happy with but there are a few mods I need to do. Carry strap being one and the clanking issue. Although I put foam on the base it needs more halfway up the shafts.

I have some neoprene I pad cases from the pound shop which I intend to stitch up and maybe glue on.

I notice with your quads you have attached both sets right at the base. The set I tried were joined a third of the way up the shafts, reducing the material used and making them lighter.

Atb