Welsh Hound X Greyhound

has any 1 bred this first cross before and how did they work out at lurcher work ,any pics,

I work this type of hound and I will be experimenting with this cross if all goes well,

I have seen 2 hound crosses work before were def good all round dogs,

I could end up with fastest hounds in Ireland, lol

I have enough lurchers at min this is just something I have been thinking about for a while,

the welsh hound dog I have lined up for coursing greyhound bitch is 26" at shoulder very strongly built and killing foxes at his ease and better than a lot of lurchers, I know I will be running risk of maybe the pups opening up but will give it a go anyway the bitch is in season at the minute, should be ready for the dog sunday week,

• Like 1

If your running them in the day a little mouth isnt much of a problem my half x bullgrey let a noise out if running though cover lets other dogs know theres something about and if your running them.with a hound pack they most proberly will hunt the same just a little fsster all the best with the litter mate keep us updated how many you get and how they come.on

• Like 1

I had a welshhound x bullgrey a few years ago , BIRD off here will vouch for him , he never opened up once , had the jaw power and prey drive Ive never found in any dog Ive had since .He would kill anything without a problem , used to shake it a couple of times and drop it and walkaway , his coat was like a wirebrush , superb in kennel , I can recommend this cross , highly .

• Like 2

I looked for almost a year could never find the right breeding and one the lads mentioned a litter of gwpxgrey coming up out of two good dogs iv got a bitvh booked which will complete my pack if that doesnt work out will be on the hunt for a hound x I like my dogs to hunt catch and kill and mark I got one lurcher for lamping my others are all day workers

• Like 1

I really like these kind of dogs but in my opinion you should use one of yalls lurcher types and not a greyhound. Im not talkin bout some first cross collie but Im talkin bout one of the lurchers that can catch yalls deer and or hares and be lamped on fox and kill them regularly.

• Like 1

I really like these kind of dogs but in my opinion you should use one of yalls lurcher types and not a greyhound. Im not talkin bout some first cross collie but Im talkin bout one of the lurchers that can catch yalls deer and or hares and be lamped on fox and kill them regularly.

I know what you mean put a purpose bred lurcher with a hound but some greyhounds are used to do all that and thats the only time of greyhound I would be interested in having a pup from.not a track greyhound

back to a lurcher you would loose to much pace as pups will only be half crosses as it is, if they worked out could be a very good base line for breeding off,, does any 1 have any pics of this type of cross.

back to a lurcher you would loose to much pace as pups will only be half crosses as it is, if they worked out could be a very good base line for breeding off,, does any 1 have any pics of this type of cross.

You are incorrect sir.

• Like 2

a friend had one of these dogs he was a foxhound x grey he was a great dog on all quarry and a dream to look at he won a lot of shows, but i have see others and they were ugly barking uncontrollable curs that couldent make up there mind if they were foxhounds or lurchers.

i hope your pups turn out allright for you polly pocket, i think wales 1234 is going for the safer option with the wgp x grey they make great dogs in the right hands. atb cd

• Like 1

a friend had one of these dogs he was a foxhound x grey he was a great dog on all quarry and a dream to look at he won a lot of shows, but i have see others and they were ugly barking uncontrollable curs that couldent make up there mind if they were foxhounds or lurchers.

i hope your pups turn out allright for you polly pocket, i think wales 1234 is going for the safer option with the wgp x grey they make great dogs in the right hands. atb cd

that is def 1 of my fears if they open up only good thing is if they decide they want to hunt like a hound they wont go to waste as I run a small pack of harrier / welsh hounds, hopefully wont have to go down that route, if it goes right should be a usefull lurcher, me and 3 mates are gona keep a pup each, time will tell will get a pic up of dog and bitch when I get service done,

• Like 1