Fractions

Wondering if someone can help me with working out fractions of a breeding? Casper is g/father, sires father, sires dam was a 3/4 saluki 1/4 g/hound, sires dam is a half x saluki whippet x half x g/hound whippet, hope you understand this and the bitch bred to is a pure grey, wondering if they can help me with fractions on what pups are cheers

Forget fractions mate, even Gregor Mendel had to cheat in his research to make it look like fractions were predictable! The truth is that genes are passed on in groups, it's not like dealing cards.... One for you and one for me! Anyone who thinks fractions are important needs to talk to someone who actually has experience of breeding animals. Look at the physical appearance of the parents ( their "Phenotype") to get an idea of what genes they're carrying,even better look at the pups they produce! There's an old saying that "Wise men buy, fools breed!

• Like 1

Don't understand your post? U list sires dam twice. Fractions are easy to workout if you list sires dam, sires father I can write it out for you, but like already stated its only a rough guide genes are passed on in many different ways

its a longdog :thumbs:

yep, just sight hound to sight hound, either way your going to get a fast mid size sight hound,with ok stamina. :thumbs: thats why when you had other (none) sight hounds (collie,bull,lab,etc ..) to the to grey , regards %' you carnt really tell unless its a 1x .what will come out, meaning you could have to much of the other none sight hound breeds come through, and not what you wanted in the 1st place. :yes:

• Like 1

Forget fractions mate, even Gregor Mendel had to cheat in his research to make it look like fractions were predictable! The truth is that genes are passed on in groups, it's not like dealing cards.... One for you and one for me! Anyone who thinks fractions are important needs to talk to someone who actually has experience of breeding animals. Look at the physical appearance of the parents ( their "Phenotype") to get an idea of what genes they're carrying,even better look at the pups they produce! There's an old saying that "Wise men buy, fools breed!

I like that post alot. Id only change the last part and that is that wise men acquire good dogs or pups and fools think they can breed. I love breeding dogs and I get lucky as hell every now and then but I aint dumb enough to believe that I got a clue as to whats gonna happen cuz it dont work that way. The first part of your post was really good though.

• Like 2

Can never tell how their gone come out with lurchers my bitch looks like a little beddy cross and my mate got her brother that looks like a big bull cross just luck of the draw really

Can never tell how their gone come out with lurchers my bitch looks like a little beddy cross and my mate got her brother that looks like a big bull cross just luck of the draw really

You cant tell with any breed of any animal that we as humans have bred. If the race horse industry aint figured it out then it pretty much aint possible.