What's The Most Digs In One Season

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats good going-i get out 2-3 times a week in the season with my own dogs-and not always game at home-dug 1 of my pups 12 times-he needed the rest-tad on the hard side and i bought a patt bitch end

Have had 8 digs in a day none were testing or over 4 foot . Dug 5 in stop ends twice either was these testing digs. (Preban) id rather have one testing dig to educated quarry in a good earth where dog

That's good going. I think it all depends on how much good permission you have, added with how many decent dogs you have around you that get the dig numbers up throughout a season. I've heard of some

Posted Images

My pals bitch we dig to had over 60 digs accounting for bout 80 odd quarry last season, her 1st season too might add not saying she's proven as she still verry young but the only dog I used last season that was out nearly every time we went and was dug once or twice a day, she's a Roberts bred bitch nice clever thing. I dug my pat bull bout 40 odd times he not so clever, my lakey 30 odd, my red dog 30 odd sadly no longer with us, my choc pat 20 odd he knocking on now not in the best health to be out every week but does his job still. And few my others dogs and friends dogs had dogs we had easy over 200 digs all over Britain 4 the protection of game birds I'd like to state. My only regret is all the new permission isn't what it was last season so I no we won't account for half of that this season

hahahaha funny u lad

39 digs poor season but for one month all dogs out of action , got 8 in one pocket (not cubs) the lurcher got the first 2 the rest bolted before anyone now what had happened ha

eight in one pocket ! That's some going can only dream of that in a month or two !

39 digs poor season but for one month all dogs out of action , got 8 in one pocket (not cubs) the lurcher got the first 2 the rest bolted before anyone now what had happened ha

eight in one pocket ! That's some going can only dream of that in a month or two !

its was a freak but i might add the local hunt had helped push some to ground for us :thumbs:

Well believe it or not lads but a local lad dog a lurcher in this earth , an old badger set , about 6 foot , was walking the lurcher and it fitted down and dog to 2 foxes , I know foxes have there own area and what ever but I think this day all these foxes had been driving to the right burrow , lurcherman was there the same day but he got banded off it because a mod put up a stupid topic and he asked a go made him a mod and whip his gone ! Donated and all !