Pup Vs Fox Walk With My Wee Fella

My wee lads been on at me about taking him with me on a walk with the pup . So took him out yesterday let the pup off the lead hes hunting away chasing rabbits then bang out of a rabbit hole comes a fox (am in northern ireland) my 15month old pup bang lifts it does the job il then turned to my 4 year old son to see his reaction hes four to young to see what he seen .But he took it well an was a haapy wee man but as I said he was to young so was pleased with both out comes

post-15090-0-07415700-1373888937_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Deffo not too young, Ive been taking my son out with me since he was a few months old, digging, trapping, shooting, fishing, lamping, hounds, you name it, I am not with his mother any more, so when I have him, he comes out with me.. in a carrier on my back when he was tiny. He loves it! He is 4 now, and I am pleased with how he is coming on. I think younger the better, as they enter easily and take it all in their stride, nothing shocks my lad he has seen it all. Ive even hung him in a tree in his carrier as I dig to the terrier! He loves being out. And is like a tornado in the house, so much better in the woods and fields he can run riot.

All the best with your son mate, I am sure he will be asking you to take him out again! :toast::toast::thumbs:

• Like 9

i'd rather my kid (whenever I have any) was out in the wild, watching things like that than sitting in front of its computer or the tv!! start them young, get good clean air into their lungs, let them use their exuberant toddler energy in a natural way running in woods and fields, learn to deal with falling down like big brave boys & girls etc.
getting them used to death early on can only be a good thing - my little half brother cried for England when his rabbit died, I felt bad that he was so miserable.

• Like 2

i'd rather my kid (whenever I have any) was out in the wild, watching things like that than sitting in front of its computer or the tv!! start them young, get good clean air into their lungs, let them use their exuberant toddler energy in a natural way running in woods and fields, learn to deal with falling down like big brave boys & girls etc.

getting them used to death early on can only be a good thing - my little half brother cried for England when his rabbit died, I felt bad that he was so miserable.

my young girl was the same about her rabbit but dosnt have a problem with the dog killing one when out an about

• Like 2

my two year old loves watching the dogs play "hide and seek " with the rabbits LOL. when the dogs "find one" and bring it back we have to put it in a special bag to keep it warm while its asleep.... :D

• Like 4