Kit Still Biting At 8 Week

Mine are still play biting at 10 weeks. When they were about 6 weeks they were biting like mad but only lasted a week or so as they quickly realise you mean no harm. They were also sniffing and nibbling for a short period...It's as though they were wondering whether my fingers were edible or not. As said...keep handling and they will get better. At 10 weeks mine are capable of giving me a sore 1 if they wanted but they don't...it's just play biting ;-)

• Like 1

hi all my kits are 8 week and still nipping like mad is the ok are do you think they should of stoped by naw or is it just a case of handling more

Depends on the kind of bites they're giving. if some kits are latching on, then they need to have a bit more exposure/be handled more regularly then other kits. I had a kit who was 8 weeks old and he drew blood and gave me holes in my hand bit like a right b*****d!!! but all this stopped around 3 months old and I used gloves in his case too.

yer one is just playing am sore as it a really light nip but the other is drewing blood it's not that bad but it not letting go naw just holding my hand/finger i don't think this is play she will bite more befor feeding time

Mine were the same...nippy when hungry. Just keep handling and they will get used to you. Probably be best to handle them after they've been fed til they get used to being handled ;-)

Yes, definitely :thumbs:

mine are 8 weeks old now and where biting really hard and aggressive til last Tuesday, then they all stopped at once. not been nipped or bitten since. it was strange. but i don't think this heat will be helping. it will make them all grumpy!!!!