GWP Lurchers

7 hours ago, Huntsmaster95 said:

All pointers and the crosses are slow to mature normal for a pointer to mature and settle in to its trade well.its around the 2.5 years mark. Very very heads strong. I've 3 Pure gwps and  litter of 4 gwp x bull lurcher on at the min 8 weeks and keen ad mustard

Be nice them. Is the bull lurcher a racey type? 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5/8 greyhound 3/8 gwp been a good bitch to me 

? dunt gerrus wrong when a were young and keen it were alright ? but now it's minimal effort for maximum gain ,I go about it like I'm agen the clock fastest time wins ,so u berra keep up cos once I'm

Blackie-'can I have a 68,and owe you one love?'???  Never keep a women if you don't MUFF them out at least once a week?

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, white van man said:

Be nice them. Is the bull lurcher a racey type? 

i saw one this way bred years ago (2007)
out of a pure GWP bitch to a fast bull x type lurcher.
dog was a lump, rough coated choc
his party trick was retrieving dead foxes
hunt for fun, lacked a gear
nasty temperament arount terriers unfortunately

i looked at the littermates - one looked like a bull x lab, one a traditional rough lurcher, the other like a visla colour with big houndy ears. No consistency

15 minutes ago, spindolero said:

i looked at the littermates - one looked like a bull x lab, one a traditional rough lurcher, the other like a visla colour with big houndy ears. No consistency

I guess that’s how it is until you get a type/line. Some come out really heavy and others throw more to the lurcher. I’ve been tempted with a GWP type. I would like to go down the route of a GWP lurcher on both sides though. Or a GWP lurcher x lurcher. I’m happy with what I’ve got at the minute but would like to try something different. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, spindolero said:

F2 hybrids throw a bit of alsorts. 

image.png.cb066afac1453eddae5633f2a91dd80c.png

Edited by sandymere
1 hour ago, sandymere said:

F2 hybrids throw a bit of alsorts. 

image.png.cb066afac1453eddae5633f2a91dd80c.png

i always thought f1 threw variety from both parents sandy you need a  pheno you like f2 and f3 to breed giving you f4 which are more stable and what you desire i could be wrong like

8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i always thought f1 threw variety from both parents sandy you need a  pheno you like f2 and f3 to breed giving you f4 which are more stable and what you desire i could be wrong like

The Fi is a level litter with aspects of both parents that has hybrid vigor. From then with f2 you need to cull hard to reduce the  negatives to start to get a type then try to breed in stable blood if needing to outcoss then cull hard again. Testing each generation prior to  breeding. 

The more breeds in the mix the greater the  potential variations.  Breeding back to one of the original breeds helps to stabilise a type  but reduces the  aspects of the other origanal breed.

Edited by sandymere
2 hours ago, sandymere said:

The Fi is a level litter with aspects of both parents that has hybrid vigor. From then with f2 you need to cull hard to reduce the  negatives to start to get a type then try to breed in stable blood if needing to outcoss then cull hard again. Testing each generation prior to  breeding. 

The more breeds in the mix the greater the  potential variations.  Breeding back to one of the original breeds helps to stabilise a type  but reduces the  aspects of the other origanal breed.

f1 have vigour but there’s variation be a good few phenotypes 

were dogs are concerned is it relevant mate no one is trying to make a breed you say are breeding galgo i’m saluki x both are really inbred lines 

a gwp x a linebred bull grey would give uk you a f1 cross wouldnt it mate 

Edited by mC HULL
2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

were dogs are concerned is it relevant mate no one is trying to make a breed you say are breeding galgo i’m saluki x both are really inbred lines 

No u scarecrow there already 3 breeds in there ?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

You would  need to line breed for many  generations to breed a stable type as when u add an outcross it reveals  many hidden traits undoing much of the  line breeding.  Perhaps  a coursing type tats been kept clean from outcrosses for a good number of generations might give a reasonably level litter if bred out to a pure of different ancestry such as GWP or bull or even galgo but then the next generation will though uneven  so culling needs to be strict again. Using one of its ancestry will also throw a type ie coursing type to saluki but of course will then heavily influence future generations as it will link in with existing saluki genes to the detrement of other genetic material and lead to a pure saluki in all but written  pedigree. 

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, sandymere said:

You would  need to line breed for many  generations to breed a stable type as when u add an outcross it reveals  many hidden traits undoing much of the  line breeding.  Perhaps  a coursing type tats been kept clean from outcrosses for a good number of generations might give a reasonably level litter if bred out to a pure of different ancestry such as GWP or bull or even galgo. Using one of its ancestry will also throw a type ie coursing type to saluki but of course will then heavily influence future generations as it will link in with existing saluki genes to the detrement of other genetic material. 

Very interesting ??  you need to have a cider mate u boring c**t ? 

9 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Lol science is never boring. Least not to anyone with a bit  of  intellect ??

it’s alright copying and pasting the scientific facts on here , some people actually  do it ??