Looking Forward To An Afternoon On The Crows

Iv got a mirochi OU fixed choke that I stripped and refinished the stock my self.. Cheap and cheerful grafter, trouble is I'm left handed so iv had to adapt my shooting to gun lol. An I like to use a 32g number 5 shot, confidence in the cartridge give me the confidence so shoot those more tricky birds.

What are you using?

I've a beretta silver pigeon 1 o/u multi choke but I have it at 1/2 and 3/4 all the time because as with cartridges I find confidence in what your using paramount, I use the Eley pigeon 32g cartridge which is loaded with a 6 1/2 shot which seems to knock the crows out the sky without a problem but has a nice dense pattern, I love them and can't recommend them enough. Sound like a bloody rep lol

Yeah I'm left handed and it annoys me that you have to pay more for left handed guns. I currently shoot with a Rizzini o/u multi choke. It's right handed but I've got used to it. I'm on the crows tomorrow and might have to use the black socks trick

Hi

I have been plagued by crows this year, there seems to be more than ever this summer. I have three duck ponds which Iam feeding with corn and barley and the bins are constantly covered by crow crap and Iam sure they are eating the feed too. I have a Larsen trap set with regular sucess and I shoot them as often as possible but I cant seem to put a hole in them. Just out of interest what do you do with the dead crows?.

Cheers Joe

Honestly mate, went to asda and got like 12 pairs for 6 quid ( just make sure there the biggest ones ya can get ha) then just did a bit of calling from the hide. Was mint. And I just put the crows on the fire heap quagmire, seen on fieldsports channel this week there actually edible but still working my self up to try it, took me a while to try squirrel so I think ill get there in end ha. If you need hand keeping on top of them let me know haha! Think I'm going to have another go on Sunday, will have to let me know how you get on lads.

Me and a keeper friend went and had a go at the crows last night as they were hitting the barley that is starting to lay but ended up with more woodys than crows 2 and a half hours for 70 plus woodys and 4 crows ended up kneeling in the wheelands and shooting as they were fighting past great sport killed my legs feel like I've done a thousand squats lol farmer replaced the carts we shot going back out sat and Monday evening again. Ps I'm a left hooked just had a right hander cast to suit me gun is a old Lincoln 30 " 32g sipes 6. Shot and 5shot 30g rios