1 For Dan, Wolfs Kill Coyote..

No I dont live in wolf country and Im glad of it. The trouble is big trouble. Its called dead dogs.

:thumbs: ..Personally, i would not hunt them with dogs if i had the chance, as to me they are a dog, but way more power full and nasty, i respect them and like wolves a lot, that's just me. :thumbs:

No I dont live in wolf country and Im glad of it. The trouble is big trouble. Its called dead dogs.

:thumbs: ..Personally, i would not hunt them with dogs if i had the chance, as to me they are a dog, but way more power full and nasty, i respect them and like wolves a lot, that's just me. :thumbs:

tbh mate i dont think any dog could handle even doubled up their to big an powerful

I reckon my mates bull x would smash a wolf.

27" half cross. The bull blood goes back to Tommys dog Dave. And Mikes Trixy.

Proper bad dog.

gaz have a look at them photos and see the damage the wolf don to them dogs their ripped right open the power in them wolves is unreal and a big weight advantage aswell 100pound plus

Yes mate, bad news, seen some real nasty photos of hounds etc that have been caught out. And I heard that in some places the wolves activly hunt the hounds, coming in to their bay. Bad times.

I reckon my mates bull x would smash a wolf.

27" half cross. The bull blood goes back to Tommys dog Dave. And Mikes Trixy.

Proper bad dog.

gaz have a look at them photos and see the damage the wolf don to them dogs their ripped right open the power in them wolves is unreal and a big weight advantage aswell 100pound plus

The bull cross im talking about is 100lb easily. Probably 100kg to be honest.

He nails squirrels all the time and he even had a rabbit with overgrown teeth last week. It didnt seem to bother him.

Im gonna get him on the next flight out there and get him to slaughter a pack of these wolves.

:laugh::tongue2:

I do live in wolf country and have seen what they can do to a hound. They are bad ass as long as they have backup. If you run a single they can be successfully run but you had better have several good fighters or at least good bay dogs to hold them. It's still not legal to run them in my state (not sure if they are legal to run with dogs in any state but off the top of my head, I don't think so. It's a load of crap! The anti's are in the way of that one so far. I've seen plenty of them around but I don't see very many compared to the number of tracks in the area. I cut a pretty big wolf track while out running bobcat and it measured 5 1/2" x 4 1/2". I drew that out on a piece of paper at home and compared my largest dogs to it by placing their front foot in the drawing...this wolf is was a lot bigger than 100 lbs.

Take a piece of paper and draw an oval with the same measurements and put it on the ground at your feet. Stand up and have a look at it and imagine the dog it would take to fill that track!! Pretty freekin huge if you ask me. I don't think I've laid eyes on that particular wolf but I wouldn't mind seeing him as long as I'm on the right side of the equation.

By the law, we are supposed to be able to run wolves here but there was an injunction put in place by some bought off judge. We'll see how long that holds. Hopefully it's lifted before the season begins this year. If it is, I'm all in!

Saluki246, I'm betting you don't live in wolf country. They are nasty critters. I sat down with David Mench (former lead wolf biologist for N. America now retired) and he showed me some of his video footage when I was in college. It's the stuff that will never make the documentaries. I've seen first hand what they'll do to a hound...there ain't much left after around 12 minutes, just mittens, cap and tail. They do actively hunt the hounds and they do it on a regular basis. Not just in the spring when the pups are out. They do it all year. When you are in the wolves territory it's pretty obvious because there are almost no animals around. They either moved out or are wolf crap. There is a reason why our forefathers got rid of them, trust their wisdom. They are seriously considering messing with humans on a regular basis but fortunately they have an instinctual caution where it concerns humans but it's fading and there's often an individual that is willing to test the boundaries of what it can get away with. I've been followed out of the woods by wolves and it's a bad feeling. That was not a one time event either. There are a lot of folks who think they are neat until they have to deal with them first hand.